Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TX - Austin: Central Texas Vanagon Meetup/Campout - 1/17/15
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: TX - Austin: Central Texas Vanagon Meetup/Campout - 1/17/15 Reply with quote

Original info on the meet started here:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=614324

---------------Meetup Information---------------

Samba member kourt is organizing a meetup for Vanagon enthusiasts in Austin and Central Texas. These meetups will be a support group for meetups, repair help, parts swaps, and group travel. First meeting is slated for January 2015.

Where:
Stiles Switch BBQ
6610 N Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78757

When: January 17, 2015 (Saturday)

Time: 12:00 Noon

Web: http://www.stilesswitchbbq.com/static/

---------------Campout Information---------------

Some of us are camping Friday and Saturday night, Some are camping just Saturday night. As of now there are 6 spots reserved by Vanagon owners in the Lakeview Camping Area of Buescher State Park. 5 spots remain so if you're interested in camping for the weekend get one booked asap.

Buescher State Park
http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/buescher

Map of the grounds:
http://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4505_057a.pdf

Here's the location of the campgrounds in relationship to meetup place on Saturday the 17th. I'm in Houston and will be attending the event in Austin. I will be arriving at the campsite Friday and those that are also camping Friday night we'll caravan down to Stiles saturday in order to meetup with the others.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Camping area highlighted:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hope to see ya there!

Last edited by HoustonPhotog on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:24 am; edited 2 times in total
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for putting this together--and I hope we have a good turnout. We need a panorama of that little highlighted camping circle with a bunch of Vanagons inside.

kourt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kourt wrote:
Thank you for putting this together--and I hope we have a good turnout. We need a panorama of that little highlighted camping circle with a bunch of Vanagons inside.

kourt

oh... i just made a cross post is all... you're the one we should thank for getting this together. =) I'm looking forward to it.

I should get there Friday afternoon and get my spot. Maybe if i talk to the park ranger real kindly like I can get us all grouped up together instead of spread out around the loop. we'll see...
kduvey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man I would love to go however I'm going to be in California for a snowboarding trip that weekend Sad

Im a new vanagon owner located in Houston. Picked up a nice 87 westy about a month ago!

I will defiantly attend the next one though... would be awesome to meet some other local vanagon owners.

Cheers
Kevin
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kduvey wrote:
Oh man I would love to go however I'm going to be in California for a snowboarding trip that weekend Sad

Im a new vanagon owner located in Houston. Picked up a nice 87 westy about a month ago!

I will defiantly attend the next one though... would be awesome to meet some other local vanagon owners.

Cheers
Kevin

Bummer you can't make it this weekend Kevin but snowboarding does sound like a blast! Next time...

I'm counting down the days... It's been about 6 weeks since my last camping trip and I'm going through withdrawals... =)
bhamham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: TX - Austin: Central Texas Vanagon Meetup/Campout - Jan Reply with quote

Any plans to do this again in 2016? Sounds like a good time.

Anything else going on in Texas as far as meet-ups for winter/spring?

Bruce
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TX - Austin: Central Texas Vanagon Meetup/Campout - Jan Reply with quote

bhamham wrote:
Any plans to do this again in 2016? Sounds like a good time.

Anything else going on in Texas as far as meet-ups for winter/spring?

Bruce

Yea we'll surely have some... They'll be posted in this thread as well as our Facebook group located here
https://facebook.com/groups/1402401100059791/
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: