Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ECVW '15 Schedule
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: ECVW '15 Schedule Reply with quote

The ECVW '15 (East Coast Visits West) schedule and itinerary is now posted up on the Manx Club Forum. The New Manx Club Forum has been completely re-vamped and is now easy to use.

You do not have to be a member of the Manx Club to join and use this new forum setup. You just have to register on the site, and it is free. All types of buggy's are invited, on road, off road, fiberglass of all shapes, Buro's, Imp's, Pan buggy's and more.

The trip will cross the US in the upper states bordering Canada to Washington, then down through Oregon and a good ways along the Pacific Coast Highway, (PCH). The destination is the Manx Club's Big Bear event in So Cal.

Right now, it looks like 5 buggy's and one tow'ed Tow'd will be on the trip.

Here is the link:

http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3314

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few suggestions, France has tweaked the route we will take slightly and the schedule is set. If you are on the fence about making a epic trip across the US, contact some of the buggy people who have about any questions you may have. It is a journey of a lifetime. We will spending three days at the Manx Club's Big Bear event with about 400 buggy's, burro's, sportsters and more. Manx, non-manx, hardcore V8 off roaders, mean street pounders, dual sport, show, go, antique, nostalgic, un-restored, and about any version and shape of fiberglass buggy's will be there.

Check out the dates and schedule. We might be passing right by you. Full information is on the NEW Manx Club website, which is free for members and non-members. You just have to have a liking for buggy's.

Here is a sneak peak at the tentative route.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Come join us!

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad you don't come farther north into Washington....I could cruise along or meet up for a while.
I just went through the LoLo Pass in Missoula, Montana in July of 2013 with three others on Harley's. It is all of 99 miles of curves. Shocked Laughing Cool

Here is the sign....make sure you take your own pic.

One more pic of what you can look forward to seeing....Sorry about the Bikes but I would love to do that road again and if I can talk the Wife into it I might try to meet in Missoula to ride it with you guys in my buggy......It's a long shot but what the heck.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
vincent9993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clonebug wrote:
Too bad you don't come farther north into Washington....I could cruise along or meet up for a while.
I just went through the LoLo Pass in Missoula, Montana in July of 2013 with three others on Harley's. It is all of 99 miles of curves. Shocked Laughing Cool

Yes we'll be driving Lolo Pass and the 99 miles of S-Curves. We drove that solo in the red buggy in 2011:

Link
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clonebug, I've contacted Joe about possibly meeting them at Hermiston,OR on the night of the 5th of July and driving with them down the Columbia River Gorge on the 6th. If you are interested maybe we can make a short caravan of it, a longer drive for you than me of course. I know summer is your busy time at work, but kick it around anyway.

France and all, I didnt zoom in on the map enough to tell what side of the Columbia River you would travel, but from Hermiston on I-84 there is a road on the WA side of the gorge (WA state SR 14) that is a beautiful two lane that moves quickly and isnt a freeway. You might consider that as fun option that will get you off the superslab without costing you any substantial time.

EDIT: Just spotted that you are turning south into Central OR on US 97, rather than continuing to Portland and the coast further down the gorge. That's a good route too, it will keep you out of the "urbs" of Portland.
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, I just read your post on the 2014 trip, and from the map it looks like you will be rolling through or very near Santa Cruz, CA this year. The wheels started turning and a quick check of Google maps shows that it's an *easy* 475 mile run from Santa Cruz to Big Bear. The calendar says the district Little League All-Star tournament should be done, though if our kids were to win it and move on...(lots of speculation here). Any idea of when a buggy owner would need to commit to both the road trip and get accommodations for the event, register, etc? I don't think I'd make a trip like that solo, but in a caravan of other savvy buggy owners, you bet. Under any circumstances, my Santa Cruz garage and tools will be available for any through trippers needing to do a bit of tuning, repair, etc. Santa Cruz is a great beach town, and if it's not directly on the route, I'd give it some serious consideration as a layover spot, much nicer than San Jose, etc.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Hospitality! You never know what may happen while on the road.

Here is what I suggest doing if you may be considering going to the Big Bear Event:
1. Join the Manx Club. $ 30.00 per year and it is worth it with the quarterly Manx Mania Magazine covering all aspect buggy, buggy history, tech, general discussion and you also get a fair discount on items sold by the Manx Store.

2. Make the reservations now. Set them up for cancellation in case you cannot make the journey so you do not have to pay the full amount.

3. Go to the Manx website, sign in for free and check out the schedule and planned route.

4. Prep the buggy and plan to go.

neohic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET! The route goes right through Alexandria, MN on I94. Too bad my buggy won't be anywhere near road ready by then. Always an open door policy in my shop though!

I like to build stuff...
lostinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about 5 miles south of I-80 between I-57 and I-355 and I too have an open shop policy when it comes to VW/Buggy people. Don't be afraid to ask.
RIP Morgan

My photos
http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/album92
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a great buggy community! Thanks for the hospitality.

France has made another cool tweak and looks like we may be stopping by a famous place in Iowa on the return trip.

gr8cobbler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must explain the 20 mile hit and run on the northern border of my home state....Smile.

Wish you guys were running a little closer to Davenport, I'd love to try to share a meal and meet with you on this second epic journey. A lot of you contributed expertise and ideas and made my build better, love to shake your hands and say thanks. Maybe ECVW'16....

Being a cheap old fart is just a front for my actual lack of money. Smile
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, check out the Manx Club site link I posted above. You may be surprised at the changes France has made.

neohic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah!... I keep thinking about this and coming back to read it again. This is exactly what I've got in mind once mine is done. Someday, I suppose... Confused

I like to build stuff...
neohic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, any idea what the date will be when the trip will be entering in to SD towards the bottom corner of MN? Same goes on the return leg when returning back into MN?

I like to build stuff...
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to ECVW '15 on the Manx Club Website that is free to sign up on and use for anyone. Check it out!

http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3314

Knowing France, this current revised schedule is not expected to change unless we encounter something during the trip that makes it change.

Looks like we will be popping into MN on the evening of July 2 and staying in Alexandria then rolling out at 6:30 AM the morning of July 3.

Late afternoon we should roll into Mount Rushmore on July 16 and stay in Keystone. Leave at 6:30 AM for Omaha on July 17.

neohic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
Looks like we will be popping into MN on the evening of July 2 and staying in Alexandria then rolling out at 6:30 AM the morning of July 3.

Late afternoon we should roll into Mount Rushmore on July 16 and stay in Keystone. Leave at 6:30 AM for Omaha on July 17.

Hmm... sure gets me thinking about stuff I shouldn't be thinking about. I teach welding at the tech college in Alexandria and we're a ten month program. I've got students until the 10th at the latest. Sad

I like to build stuff...
vincent9993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neohic wrote:
joescoolcustoms wrote:

Hmm... sure gets me thinking about stuff I shouldn't be thinking about. I teach welding at the tech college in Alexandria and we're a ten month program. I've got students until the 10th at the latest. Sad

Field trip?! You're students could learn about field repairs... lol
neohic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno... not sure I'd trust ANY of them welding on my stuff! Laughing Really too bad this isn't two weeks later. Really too bad I probably won't have a running buggy by then either! Hell, even if I had the metal work done and throw some brakes in it, I'd be more than willing to pull the 1641 out of my Beetle and roll... there I go thinking again. Rolling Eyes

I like to build stuff...
neohic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know... I know... I should really join the other forum too, but if I'm reading this right...

Quote:
2-Jul-15 6:30am Schaumburg, IL 4:15pm 509.9 Best Western Alexandria In 508 Twin Blvd, Alexandria MN 56308 1,463.6
3-Jul-15 6:30am Alexandria, MN 3:00pm 489.9 Holiday Inn Express 1919 N Merrill Ave, Glendive MT, 59330

... then the plan is to be rolling into Alexandria on July 2nd later in the afternoon. I know I won't have a buggy to go in nor the time (probably anyhow) so the open door policy still stands. I'm about nine miles north of where the Best Western is. Full garage/tools/welder for anyone who needs anything. I've got a big ol' pile of wood and would extend the invitation out to the whole group to come out for a bonfire... as long as it doesn't get too late and interfere with the 6:30 departure time, that is. Wink

I like to build stuff...
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nothing else, join the website, follow along when the Journey starts, come out to have dinner with us that evening.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: