Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

68 bug doors on a 61 bug body?
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bulletmobile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: 68 bug doors on a 61 bug body? Reply with quote

I've been looking for a new passenger door for my 61 baja.

two 68 doors just popped up locally and I'd like to know if I can use them.

One of my main gripes with my current doors is the fact that the PO slapped some Dynomat in the interior OVER the cables! ugh! makes cranking the windows really sticky. Also the passenger side has rust and a "cal-style" window conversion that doesn't fit right.

SO, other than the handles and size of glass, etc. do the 68 doors fit into the door frames of a 61 bug, and would there be anything I need to change. Like the latching mechanism or the hinges?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: