Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

El Prado VW Show & Shine 2015- Sunday June 14, 2015
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCal Chuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: El Prado VW Show & Shine 2015- Sunday June 14, 2015 Reply with quote

VTO & Just Cruzin VW Clubs are proud to present El Prado VW Show & Shine 2015! If you had the privilege of attending last year then you already know how amazing and successful this event was. If you didn't attend, well here's your chance to redeem yourselves and witness what all the buzz was about. Show is set for Sunday June 14th, 2015 at Prado Regional Park (Same location as last year) with gates opening at 5am. Bring your BBQs, kids, dogs and whole family. Dogs must be friendly and on a leash, if questionable leave the pup at home. Be prepared for car show awards, raffles, swap meet, food, vendors, sunshine and smiles, all around fun times!
Car Show Participants are $20 per car (air-cooled)
*Bring 2 canned food items and pay only $15 per car
All Spectators are $20 per car
*yes, including all passengers! So load 'em up!
Vendors are only $40 , donate $50 of items towards the raffle and pay only $20. Donate $100, get in FREE!
WE STILL NEED SPONSORS: Info on becoming one
contact Stanley Ford [email protected]
WEEKEND OF VW EVENTS
Wednesday June 10th VTO presents Blackstar Camp-Out at Prado Regional Park (same as show location) Come and camp out and stay for the car show Sunday!

Friday June 12th Just Cruzin So Cal VW Club Cruise Night at Burger Town USA 760 N. Archibald Ave Ontario 91764 starts at 6:30pm, great food, clean VWs and music. Bring the whole family for a relaxed good time!

Saturday June13th OCTO pre 1967 VW Bus show in Long Beach. Huge caravan leaving the Blackstar camp out.

Sunday June 13th El Prado VW Show & Shine at 5am! 16700 Euclid Ave Chino Ca 91708 (just north of 91)

For general info visit www.keepitstock.com or [email protected] HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
jaybug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time at El Prado last year and still made it to the Classic now this year both events are on the same date all I can say is wow, it's a shame we have to choose it would've been great go to both again.
1986 CT110 Honda
VWHoward
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackstat, OCTO, and El Prado for me again this year. Great first time show last year, and Blackstar is always great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Soul Built
Pimpin' Aint Easy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me! Count me in!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SoCal Chuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Built wrote:
Sounds good to me! Count me in!

YEAH BUDDY!
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to another great time at the El Prado show this year! Last years show was fantastic!

(you may want to change the year in the header of this thread)

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
pip hancox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes no sense to have it on the same day as Classic. Major bummer all round. Crying or Very sad
'58 Kombi.
'65 Notchback.
'64 Ghia.
2 Things.
wifes 2332 '59 lowlight ghia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pip hancox wrote:
This makes no sense to have it on the same day as Classic. Major bummer all round. Crying or Very sad

Quoted for TRUTH
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dauz wrote:
pip hancox wrote:

Quoted for TRUTH

I agree Sad
pip hancox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I just don't understand what anyone stands to gain from this move. It just seems to be a negative for everyone involved for both promoters and attendees. Sad.
'58 Kombi.
'65 Notchback.
'64 Ghia.
2 Things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....how can you be in two places at once.....when you're not anywhere at all....
ezcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTV wrote:
Dauz wrote:
pip hancox wrote:

Quoted for TRUTH

I agree Sad

Agree on it's a bummer that the show is on the same day as the Classic this year. For me to sell at both shows costs a lot of $$.

I do think it was great that the group stepped in last year and had a show since the Classic date was moved.
I make HWE style roof racks, Jim-Dandy racks, SO-33 metal parts, Dormobile racks, HWE style ladders, engine crank start handles, Westy rack tags, Binz tags, Sundial badges, State of California tags, steering lock electrical covers and single / double cab gate latch friction blocks.

instagram is http://instagram.com/bullidriversteelworks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign of the times... Think

For many years now plenty of folks had been none too happy with the classic as it was. Many had been skipping it altogether while doing everything else that the week+end had to offer. With the "date change" at the last minute coupled with the change of venue, plenty more have decided to just give it up! Rolling Eyes

Personally, I always did the classic specially when we got to score the "Grassy Knoll" at Irvine Meadows. However, after attending it in the "new" venue, I've also lost interest on it and thus welcome the Prado show. Cool

Well aware of the 2, sometimes 3 events on the same day and only being able to show in 1 place at a time. This happens often with the Spring Picnic and the Bug-In. I like to attend both but since I can't, I go to the Picnic one year and then the Bug-In on the next. Neutral
vtobusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you all it is not a good decision to have a shows on the same day, but with our decision last year to put on the event in place of the classic
it was decided that if we had a good turn out and people liked it and wanted us to keep doing this event... we would continue doing it.

We are at the venue anyways for the VTO Blackstar Campout, and it makes it nice for those who cant afford the $$$ to go to the classic as we let everyone that goes to the Blackstar Campout into the El Prado show completely free.
We fully support all of the promoters that put on the Classic and hope they have a good show, and everyone that has been to our event knows that we will have a good show..

We hope to see everyone there...
BlackStar 2016
Now at
Prado Regional Park
16700 Euclid Avenue
Chino, CA 91710-9298
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SoCal Chuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like everyone has a right to their opinion everyone also has the right to choose which event better suits your needs and what you look for in a show. Prado feels more like a picnic than a show as the car show parking, vendors and swap meet is all on nice grass under shady trees in front of a beautiful lake with fishing and other activities. Prado also has a shotgun shooting range, horse back riding and a camping facilities... drinking is not only allowed but encouraged lol. Save yourself from the expensive shows on hot asphalt and $15 In & Out cheeseburgers, not to mention the long lines to get in. Remember Prado is $20 a car load not person and only $15 if you bring 2 canned goods!!! Or camp for the Blackstar event and get into to Sunday show FREE!
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCal Chuck wrote:
... drinking is not only allowed but encouraged lol.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

pip hancox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hope to see everyone there...[/quote]

And there lies the problem. Had you not chosen to go head to head with Classic, you could very well have hoped to "see everyone there" , myself included. But you've decided to make that an impossibility and again, nobody benefits and everyone loses. And I'm not buying the " different types of show/picnic" reasoning. I think 90% of the VW community would've enjoyed the opportunity to go to both. You've decided to not allow that to happen.
Great idea. Rolling Eyes
'58 Kombi.
'65 Notchback.
'64 Ghia.
2 Things.
Daskombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how things are, something thing I noticed, just pointing something out,
2009-2011 The Spring Pic-Nic and the Bug In on same day no one says anything, 2014 Bug O Rama Fontana and Sprig Pic Nic same day, not a word,2015 now all of a sudden its a problem for 2 shows to be on the same day.... I don't see the problem, or any reason to try to be negative toward any party.Lets keep things simple if your going to go to a specific show, go to the thread and show your support not try to criticize another group for putting on a show that happens to be the same day, thought we were all adults here, so lets act like the symbol we all represent, vw's are peace love and unity, no ware does it say criticize, put down or hate.... just sayin.... represent with honor, love the legend, VW its a way of life not a hobby Laughing
Barracudabrendon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally can't wait for the Prado show, anytime I get to take out the Heilite and camp with my family is awesome and waking up Sunday morning to a car show that came to me is even better! Cya all there!
1964 N Model Squareback
Ruthless Fastback Drag car
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be hittin the switches in my 64 impala !!!! Laughing

Just kidding guys!!! C Ya there!!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: