Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto trans kickdown linkage question
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
George301
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Auto trans kickdown linkage question Reply with quote

Hello all. I am back to messing around with Volkswagons, currently trying to get a Subie EJ25 into a 1991 Camper, anyway , here's the problem -

The kickdown rod comes off the lever on the side of the transmission, where it connects to the throttle cable no problem, but the end that seems it should be pointing toward the engine is no where near in the correct direction. I can't tell if I just have it in wrong or maybe it is bent out of shape?

I found many pictures of how it attaches to the lever and how it attaches to the throttle (including in Bentley), but how is it supposed to route around the starter? Does anyone have a pic of this part of it? Thanks in advance.

On a related note - does anyone know a part number for the three bolts that attach the flexplate to the torque converter, or their size?

Thanks, too, for all the good info I have gotten from this site

george
davideric9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

003323699A hexagon bolt; M8X11; automatic
1988 Wolfsburg GL (bought 2012)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
George301
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Just what I needed. Still wondering about the kick down rod positioning . . .

Cheers
1vw4x4
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Auto trans kickdown linkage question Reply with quote

The kick down lever, (the part on the trans.) connects to a rod going to
the engine , and has a pin that the cable goes on, to the front. There was two
different ones. I think the length is the same but the pin location is changed.

George301 wrote:
Hello all. I am back to messing around with Volkswagons, currently trying to get a Subie EJ25 into a 1991 Camper, anyway , here's the problem -

The kickdown rod comes off the lever on the side of the transmission, where it connects to the throttle cable no problem, but the end that seems it should be pointing toward the engine is no where near in the correct direction. I can't tell if I just have it in wrong or maybe it is bent out of shape?

I found many pictures of how it attaches to the lever and how it attaches to the throttle (including in Bentley), but how is it supposed to route around the starter? Does anyone have a pic of this part of it? Thanks in advance.

On a related note - does anyone know a part number for the three bolts that attach the flexplate to the torque converter, or their size?

Thanks, too, for all the good info I have gotten from this site

george
George301
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to close this out. I ended up taking it all out for a closer look and determined that the rod was bent, nothing a little persuasion with a hammer could not correct. Thanks for the help.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: