Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1972 914 buzzer door contacts, seatbeltlight
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: 1972 914 buzzer door contacts, seatbeltlight Reply with quote

I got an early 1972 914 (Oct 71 build date) my wire diagrams state this car should have a buzzer, I don't know if this a seat belt buzzer or a door buzzer. I did have a 1975 some time ago and it did have a seatbelt buzzer with switches in the seat bottom.

what is the function of the door switches on these buzzer equipped cars? I went to fix a bad door switch for the dome light and surprise found a DPST switch, with ground wires for the light and hot wires for the buzzer???? I don't have a buzzer are at least cant find it, no buzzer on the fuse panel as Haynes manual describes. I also do not have the seat belt dash board light, no evidence there was one on this car.

so do some early 1972 cars come factory without the seatbelt light on dash?

if I have the door switches for the buzzer (but no seat switches) is that factory and how does the buzzer function in that case? is it simply a buzzer to notify if the door is open?

thanks

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to look at the diagram...but it used all the same parts as the other type 4, cars. On my 412 the buzzer buzzes when the key is in the ignition and the first lock bezel is pushed in and the seat belt is unbuckled.

So if its running, doors closed and the seat belt is unbuckled.....it buzzes and dash light goew on. If the seat belt is unbuckled...key in the ignition but engine is off...and door opens...it buzzes.

Its actually good at keeping you from locking your keys in the car. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:
I will have to look at the diagram...but it used all the same parts as the other type 4, cars. On my 412 the buzzer buzzes when the key is in the ignition and the first lock bezel is pushed in and the seat belt is unbuckled.

So if its running, doors closed and the seat belt is unbuckled.....it buzzes and dash light goew on. If the seat belt is unbuckled...key in the ignition but engine is off...and door opens...it buzzes.

thanks, what is weird is my car has no dash mount seat belt light (nor hole to mount one) and there is no evidence of seatbelt switches nor their wiring either!!!!

I suppose this car being an early 72 build (federal car) had a bit of both 71 and 72 stuff in it. maybe the door buzzer only , but I still cant find the buzzer, where would it be located? it ain't on the fuse panel as Haynes says t should be if I have one. the door switches and associated wire are their however. my 1970 car only had a single pole door switch for dome light only.

so where might the buzzer be?????

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluebus86 wrote:
raygreenwood wrote:

thanks, what is weird is my car has no dash mount seat belt light (nor hole to mount one) and there is no evidence of seatbelt switches nor their wiring either!!!!

I suppose this car being an early 72 build (federal car) had a bit of both 71 and 72 stuff in it. maybe the door buzzer only , but I still cant find the buzzer, where would it be located? it ain't on the fuse panel as Haynes says t should be if I have one. the door switches and associated wire are their however. my 1970 car only had a single pole door switch for dome light only.

so where might the buzzer be?????

Take a look under the seat. Thats where the seat sensors plug in. I am totally going off memory here.....but my 412 had a small 1" cube relay under each seat. I know the 74s had a lovic relay under the seat just like the 914.

But.....totally going off old memory here.....I think the buzzer for the seats was a different buzzer than the door buzzer and may be under your seat. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sea belt warning system installed as near as I can tell, no seat belt warning light on the dash either. I suspect now that since my car is an early build 1972 car that it only came with the door buzzer feature, not a seat belt warning feature. I still cant locate where the buzzer is to be, but eh door switch certainly is wired for one. I was a surprise to see sparks fly when I removed the switch as the hot wires touched the body. the older cars only had the dome light wires (ground wires) to the door switch, I have both hot and ground wires on this two pole switch.

thanks for the info!
Laughing Laughing Shocked Very Happy Smile Cool

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: