Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1974 Defrost/heater parts missing. HELP!
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
asalaz17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: 1974 Defrost/heater parts missing. HELP! Reply with quote

Hello,

I think I'm missing a tube to connect my front defrost in my 1974 Super. The part is located under the front hood springs in that dark hole on each side.

Picture or part number would be great.

Thanks.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all there. Looks like your flexible tube is to short. I just replaced mine on my 74 and the flexible tube fits inside the black plastic female end you see in your pic.
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, get the tube connected to the upper vent. Pull it out and stretch it a little so you have more length, if necessary. Stuff it back in the hole, and don't worry about the bottom--for now. Next, attach the top of the hose to the vent. You will probably have to wrap/tape it with vent tape, since you don't have the dash apart.

Next, pull back your carpet at the bottom--next to the bottom of the door jam, that is. You will find a 2X2 inch hole. If the hose is long enough, fix the bottom of it over the snout of the heater channel.

Tim
asalaz17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much. I thought that might have been the case, but I was unsure on how the hose got short. I was thinking since this car had AC, that there was a piece or something that was there and removed when the PO took the AC out.

Thanks again,

Alex
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: