Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage fab Werks - [email protected] - Marshall
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Vintage fab Werks
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: November 05, 2015
jmiley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Vintage Fab Works owner Marshall is 100% good seller Reply with quote

I have bought several items from Marshall at Vintage Fab Werks and I will be buying several more he has always treated me fair and answered any question I had even the stupid ones and has been easy to contact and great on his prices for us guys that buy a piece at a time and good on shipping always no damage and arrives quick. Let me tell you what else he did for me I bought a rear apron for my 62 bug arrived perfect and Marshall to save me shipping cost put a gasket set I bought off him in the box which I forgot about and accidentally threw away. After telling Marshall about my mistake and telling him to me send the price and shipping for a new gasket set he sends me a email telling me "one is on the way for free he appreciates my buisness" who does that today? If that does not say it all about his business practices then I don't know what does. Thanks Marshall

Jason Miley Paoli, Indiana
Benfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received 2 fuel pumps in really nice shape. Shipping was really fast. I highly recommend this seller. Thanks again Marshall.
Ben
ratsnotmice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice to deal with--used engine tin packaged great and arrived quickly and safe!!
gary lively
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: parts not in stock Reply with quote

If you don't have parts in stock don't sell them will not order from Marshall again
PTButler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased an aluminum dash from Vintage Fab Werks. They had great prices and quick delivery. Very satisfied customer.
Vintage fab Werks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: parts not in stock Reply with quote

gary lively wrote:
If you don't have parts in stock don't sell them will not order from Marshall again

I cannot please them all.. Usually when I say its on back order it means not in stock.
thaze57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: GREAT SERVICE AT VINTAGE FAB WERKS Reply with quote

I have done many transactions with Vintage Fab Werks and every single one has went smoothly and quickly! I have always had great professional service and positive experiences with them. Marshall always has low prices and cheap fast shipping. He's also the type of guy that takes the time to help and advise you with questions and answers with parts or help with projects you are working on. Marshall is a stand up guy and would always make things right if there's a problem. It pisses me of to see aholes that want to bash him. If you have a problem take the time to first read...then make a call and discuss the situation or ask if a part is in stock. Ultimately we rely on computers everyday and there are certain instances when inventory or whatever can be wrong. He is only one man and has many customers which he treats all the same. I can relate, i'm a business owner and deal with the public on a daily basis as well. With that said Vintage Fab Werks is in my opionion one of if the best places on the east coast to get VW parts and i will continue to do quick and easy business over and over.Thank you Marshall!
popeye46
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: vintage fabwerks service Reply with quote

Does have great prices but is lacking in communication.....if the item is not in stock is one thing but to not let you know is another....As I said prices are great but sometimes need the parts soon not in a month or two with no word as to when they will be in stock, even a simple I am not sure when they will be here would be better to hear than nothing at all. All of the people I know love the prices but most can not wait forever for their parts. Marshall sounds like a great person to do business with but should get someone to answer the orders that are back ordered due to lack of stock. I think the people that complain on this site get frustrated with small business owners due to the fact that things are not sent out in the next day or two, patience is something that not all car builders have when working on their special project and some are really on a deadline for whatever reason and do need the parts right away. I would have liked mine right away but understand the logistics involved in running a small business but customer service involves communication and here is where it is lacking.......2 emails and no answer.....open a complaint with paypal and get three emails the very next day......drop the complaint and no word since........not really a good way to do it.......sorry but if the communication was there then I would understand the problem better. Sorry to ramble on but after reading the praise and complaints it seems this is a great place to do business but also a place where you are not going to get some of the parts that you need now and have no idea why until Marshall finally tells you they are not in stock and has no idea when they will be. Tell us that in the ad so I can get it somewhere else and avoid the wait and hassle. I think that if he has the item in stock BAM perfect transaction if not CRAP city and frustrations ensue .......and remember this is just my honest opinion based on 55 years of working on cars and dealing with large and small business ordering the parts that were needed now and whenever.....
Joel73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some BRM's from Marshall. He gave me the best deal I could find and shipped them fast. I will do business with him again.
Vintage fab Werks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the feed back.

We are a small company and do our best to get parts out quickly. When in stock they ship out next day or within two days. When I have to order the parts it all depends when my next order is going to be.

I will always try to be the cheapest out.

From now on to make it simple, to avoid miscommunication with customers I will let them know whether or not the part is in stock and/or how long it will take to get it to them.

I know how the frustration of waiting for a part can be.

Thanks for your business.
Jer*Fab
Samba Welder Dude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshall purchased some drop plates from me. We spoke, nailed down what he wanted, he paid and I sent them out today. He was very easy to deal with..thanks brother!

Also Narrowed Bug and Bus Beams!

Follow us on FaceBook and Click the "Like" Button or Instagram
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was attempting to order a set of Hood Struts shocks which are Empi part number 16-9542 for $26.99 but the shipping that he quoted was outrageous at $13.01

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Why $13.01 for shipping ?
USPS Legal Flat Rate Envelope is only $5.45
Now that is if you ship them in the empi blister package but if they are out of the package then its $5.05 in a regular flat rate envelope.
Those envelopes are free

He could very easily use some bubble wrap or paper for that matter and save the buyer on the shipping for something that weighs less than a pound.

He was good at responding via email quickly that is one positive thing I can say.

My '67 Split Window Bus project :
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634144

My '67 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug Build:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=541870
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vintage fab Werks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Front Hood Gas Struts Reply with quote

To you sir, and anyone else,
We do not scam people, we do not jack up our prices. I have never encountered a consumer who did not want their purchase to arrive undamaged ready to be used for their purposes. If the gas struts were mailed in an envelope, bubble wrap or not, I have no confidence in the USPS to treat them with care.
It is unfortunate we were not able to do business together.
If you read some of our feedback we have had compliments on our packaging. That is because we care. We care enough not to mail the parts in question in an envelope.

Good Day
thaze57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Front Bus Clip From Vintage Fab Werks Reply with quote

I'm just wanted to take the time to thank Marshall and his staff at Vintage Fab Werks. Once again as usual a great business transaction from great people. The price was super cheap…was shipped super fast…and shipping was also extremely cheap!

I DO HOWEVER want to take the time to discuss one ISSUE above and that would be The Jewish Guy's FEEDBACK. I can't stand it when someone whines or complains about the price of an item or the shipping of an item! If you DON'T like the price of either GO somewhere else and shop! It's plain and simple! I personally wouldn't want to deal a customer like that if it was my business and it's people like that which causes problems for a guy who is trying to run a great respectable business. Sorry that just gets under my skin! I've ran my own business for 15 years in which I deal with the public on a daily basis. And oh by the way that's probably being shipped in a flat rate box which I'm sure you didn't take the time to ask before going off the deepend.

With that said…sorry you have to deal with those type of things Marshall and keep up the good business. I will be a return customer over and over till one day I can't work on cars anymore.

Thanks for your time and God Bless!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I wouldn't ship those in a flat rate envelope - that is irresponsible and could very likely rip open a flat rate envelope.

Regardless of the shipping method I wouldn't remove them from the package.

FWIW I have seen the above user (The Jewish Guy) post this sort of thing multiple times.

If you don't like the cost, don't buy it or provide useful feedback to the seller on alternate shipping methods and give them a chance to respond on why the cost is what it is.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marklock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some floor mats from Marshall and they are just what I wanted. He let me know what was going on the whole way. Thanks again !
singlecabmadness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast and just as described. Perfect transaction!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: