Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What spark plugs are you running with super flo heads
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Leroux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: What spark plugs are you running with super flo heads Reply with quote

What spark plugs are you guys running with super flo heads it's going to be a track car running 2275 on race fuel???
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joe Leroux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this would have been an easy question??? Lots of ppl are running super flo heads any one have an ngk part number??? Or other plug recommendations
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the compression?
Most run in the 8 range like the DP8EA or the DR8EA.
Higher compressions can move up the scale to a 9 or even 10.
http://www.cbperformance.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=ngk
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to start somewhere and then read the plug.I would start in the middle. if it kills plugs go up a heatrange. if you dont know how to properly read a sparking bolt dont worry and dont listen to the exsperts.just go to some sparkplug manufacture sites and look &read all the pictures and explinations on how to read a plug.90% of people do not know how to read a plug properly.or what it all means.or why. alos not all manufactures have the same heatranges and some go up for hoter some go down for hoter, some have fewer plug ranges with wider range for each plug. so...... it's up to you,yesI know youasked what plug,I have superflows,but Im not going to tell you a plug# Shocked there are a few reasons for this,1 I didnt build your motor,I dont know nutten about it or how,were it will be run anf finaly the importaint reason!!! my sf's are still on the shelf. Wink so... I dont know.
Joe Leroux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand mark tucker but I need to know what plug to atleast start with its not a long reach plug and it looks like it's a 14mm hole. It looks like a standard 1600cc bosch plug is what I need in leght and size?
Joe Leroux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked I have a 14mm hole 1/2 inch of threads
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 4210/B5HS NGK plug is an equivalent to a factory Bosch 7502/W8AC for a stock 1600 Dual Port. This heat range is for static compression lower than 8:1. You mentioned are running race gas, but still have not listed your full engine specs., so we're assuming you're higher than 12:1. Like yamaducci mentioned starting in the NGK heat range of 8 would be good. He assumed you needed a 12mm plug, so the D series of the DP8EA won't work for you. A plug to fit your head the same design as a stock plug with an 8 heat range would be a 5510/B8HS. The same style plug with a projected tip is 2630/BP8HS. The resistor stock style plug would be 4322/BP8HS, and resistor projected tip is 3725/BPR8HS. I would use the 2630/BP8HS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
maui
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q20PR-U Denso runs good for me
Joe Leroux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running 11.8to 1 compression on a 2275cc engine running 48 mm Ida it's a track car so it will always be hard on the throttle I was talking to the guy who I bought the heads from he said they are a short reach plug and he was running bosh w8ac and the long rech plugs heads he would running w7cc do you think this is a good starting point
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NGK's numbering system has the higher numbers being colder, and Bosch's system has higher numbers hotter. So a hot NGK is a 5, and a hot Bosch is an 8. A cold NGK is an 8, and a cold Bosch is a 5. A W8AC Bosch plug is a fairly hot plug, maybe too hot for high compression, and race gas. Heat ranges in Bosch plugs in the 7, and 6 range are getting difficult to find. For a short reach plug, I would look for a 2630/BP8HS, or 5111/BP7HS in NGK.
Joe Leroux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks I will start with a cooler plug and keep an eye on it
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: