Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a pretty solid ’81 Westy for sale in Santa Fe, dry country:
http://santafe.craigslist.org/cto/4868077696.html
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just under 10k for a Westy Syncro
Needs 10k plus in work, body, some rust, paint, and a trans, but still a deal
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1759849
JPrato
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/rvd/4914241809.html

here is the response to an inquiry. Sounds like a scam to me.

Hi,

Glad you are interested in my 1990 Volkswagen Westfalia. The camper has been extremely well maintained with a full service history, and has not been involved in any accidents. It only has 105,000 miles on it and the title is clear. I bought it when I was serving at Hill Air Force Base, Utah but I was promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for a 2 year period, so I do not want to let it rot in my backyard and therefore need a fast and reliable buyer. The camper is already at our Department of Logistics at Hill Air Force Base, Utah crated and ready to go. The shipping will be free for you because I will transport it using the internal transport system we have here at the Department of Logistics! The DoL will deliver the camper to the nearest Air Force Base from your area and from there I will use a tow-truck to have it delivered to your door. The whole shipping process will take 4-6 days. The financial part will be managed by eBay, which means you will have a 5 day inspection period before committing to buy the camper.In this way, both you and I are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. I would really like to get at least $9500 so if you are interested in making this purchase in a timely manner email me your: full name and shipping address, so I can inform eBay that I have a buyer! I will forward your details to them and then you will receive the invoice. Then you will be able to talk with them directly and ask all you want to know .

For more pics please get back to me as soon as possible!

Thank you,

Lt. Angela Flangan

edit: yup I see Lt. Flangan has other vehicles to sell. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4912834628.html

87 Syncro Tin Top project
84 Westy, 2.5L Subaru power
06 Subaru 2.5 turbo in waiting
46 Cessna 140
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AKWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok samba...what do you think of this syncro? Is it priced accordingly. I know how much money I have into my 2wd westy and this seems like it would be a fairly good deal. What do you think?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4909308034.html
215/70-16's

www.CatchTheKraken.com

"Never go to Alaska as a young man because you'll never be satisfied with any other place as long as you live." -John Muir
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

High end of the $$ spectrum, but looks like a nice van. As long as the new paint job isn't hiding anything, and the engine swap is well done. Some nice upgrades already done.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKWesty wrote:
Ok samba...what do you think of this syncro? Is it priced accordingly. I know how much money I have into my 2wd westy and this seems like it would be a fairly good deal. What do you think?

If I had $27k burning a hole in my pocket, I would inquire about it. This is not based on any real logic on my part, but instead the fact that I love the motor, prefer that color interior, it looks cool with those wheels, and no glaring issues appear to be present judging solely by the photos. You never know until you see it in person, though.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKWesty wrote:

Looks good from here but I'm not thrilled with the half full coolant bottle.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VanMan2009
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I've just gotten used to seeing ads for syncros for $40,000 but $27k for that van seems like a really good deal to me. Engine conversion and new paint (assuming both are done well) are expensive items even if you're doing labor yourself.

I guess I'm curious then, what you guys think a plain ol' stock syncro westy should cost with no rust and in overall decent/good shape?
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the photos it is not an original Westy, if that matters to you. I would look it over pretty closely in person to make sure the camper conversion was done to your satisfaction for the price.

Mark

AKWesty wrote:

oldskewlsk8ter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazyvwvanman wrote:
From the photos it is not an original Westy, if that matters to you. I would look it over pretty closely in person to make sure the camper conversion was done to your satisfaction for the price.

Mark

AKWesty wrote:

How can you tell? I didn't see anything that just jumped out.
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Diesel project van Colorado Springs $2000 Reply with quote

Looks like an interesting project for a diesel mechanic, Colorado Springs: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4916780256.html
BavarianWrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Items in the interior predate an 87. Its subtle. I personally like a well done conversion. I just think they should be marketed as a conversion. I love that color combo. Although I don't think it was made in 87?
DenverB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPrato wrote:

Hi,

Glad you are interested in my 1990 Volkswagen Westfalia. The camper has been extremely well maintained with a full service history, and has not been involved in any accidents. It only has 105,000 miles on it and the title is clear. I bought it when I was serving at Hill Air Force Base, Utah but I was promoted and transferred to Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage Alaska for a 2 year period, so I do not want to let it rot in my backyard and therefore need a fast and reliable buyer. The camper is already at our Department of Logistics at Hill Air Force Base, Utah crated and ready to go. The shipping will be free for you because I will transport it using the internal transport system we have here at the Department of Logistics! The DoL will deliver the camper to the nearest Air Force Base from your area and from there I will use a tow-truck to have it delivered to your door. The whole shipping process will take 4-6 days. The financial part will be managed by eBay, which means you will have a 5 day inspection period before committing to buy the camper.In this way, both you and I are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. I would really like to get at least $9500 so if you are interested in making this purchase in a timely manner email me your: full name and shipping address, so I can inform eBay that I have a buyer! I will forward your details to them and then you will receive the invoice. Then you will be able to talk with them directly and ask all you want to know .

Thank you,

Lt. Angela Flangan

edit: yup I see Lt. Flangan has other vehicles to sell. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4912834628.html

total scam. we did a back and forth with this person a few weeks ago and NOTHING added up about their story. the van is being advertised in az, supposedly being stored in nebraska for someone on the east coast being shipped to AK? please. they couldn't answer any of our questions straight-on, everything felt like a diversion.
'84 Vanagon Westfalia (Pink Flamingo - Pastel White/Pink)
'88 Vanagon GL Westfalia (Frankie Says - Wolfram Gray)
'02 Eurovan Weekender (Green Apple)
'95-'03 Eurovan full campers and weekenders (rental fleet)
'84 -'91 Vanagon full campers and weekenders (rental fleet)
'72 Porsche 914 (Greta - RIP)

www.RockyMountainCampervans.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
weisswurst
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/4918655480.html

this one looks pretty good for the money, if it was diesel I'd be in on a pop top weekender even with a little admitted rust! Cool
BlueGrasser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weisswurst wrote:
http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/4918655480.html

this one looks pretty good for the money, if it was diesel I'd be in on a pop top weekender even with a little admitted rust! Cool

Wow, that looks like a solid deal. With a new engine and a bit of work that could be a nice van! I looked at vans a lot worse than that for double the price.

Didn't we have someone in Florida looking for a van around $10K?
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazyvwvanman wrote:
Mark
AKWesty wrote:

It's a Canadian spec original Westy. Not a bad looking rig at all and with the strong US dollar this is a pretty good deal. (it's in Canada)
The seller should remove the photos of the dirty van (always wonder why sellers think buyers want to see their vacation pics!) Otherwise it presents well. The usual checks need to be done, but looks good to me.

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenverB wrote:
JPrato wrote:

Hi,

Thank you,

Lt. Angela Flangan

total scam. we did a back and forth with this person a few weeks ago and NOTHING added up about their story. the van is being advertised in az, supposedly being stored in nebraska for someone on the east coast being shipped to AK? please. they couldn't answer any of our questions straight-on, everything felt like a diversion.

Yes, the email above is 100% a scammer email.

Free shipping is BS
eBay payment crap is BS

These are very common scam flags
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldskewlsk8ter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsTaboo wrote:
crazyvwvanman wrote:
Mark
AKWesty wrote:

It's a Canadian spec original Westy. Not a bad looking rig at all and with the strong US dollar this is a pretty good deal. (it's in Canada)
The seller should remove the photos of the dirty van (always wonder why sellers think buyers want to see their vacation pics!) Otherwise it presents well. The usual checks need to be done, but looks good to me.

That's why I asked, I thought it was an OG Canadian westy too. Seems to be a decent deal too.
WestyHunter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the group think of this one?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1753547
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WestyHunter wrote:
What does the group think of this one?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1753547

It's going to be a lot of work to put the passenger side back on! 😆

It looks nice and it's got similar top as a Joker, but it just doesn't say "Joker" to me.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Page 218 of 327

Jump to: