Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

47 Beetle split dash controls
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
waffennz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: 47 Beetle split dash controls Reply with quote

Hello

I need a little bit of help with my 47 beetle, I want to know what each of the knobs dose on the dash and what the coloured lights indicate.

just want to make sure its wired up the right way and they all do what they should I can be anal about getting it right lol.
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: 1947 Dash Lighting & Switches Reply with quote

Dear Waffen NZ - This subject has recently been aired again on Samba, but as this is your 1st post, maybe you haven't seen it before, as you have only just found the site?

If you look at this you will see the answer to your questions: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1043829.jpg

Is your car a recent import into NZ? I believe that there were only 47's two there until a year or so ago, but one was sold to the US, leaving only the one behind, but now there seems to be two again!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
waffennz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, it was in pretty bad nick when I got it had been left out on a farm for the weather to get at, the old guy I got it off said it was 47 but im yet to prove it 100% I have a friend whos very into beetles who said he thinks it could even older.
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Interesting Find Reply with quote

That certainly sounds to be an interesting find. From what you are saying, it's been in NZ for a long time, and if a 47, means that NZ has two known cars again from that year. Smile

Any chance of a photo or two? Even to my own e-mail address via this web-site would be nice, if like me, you haven't learnt to post them here yet. There are many on this web-site, myself included. who will be able to help date the car, especially as I have a 47 myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ivan Fuller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waffenz, I'll have my 47 at the VW Nationals in Taupo at Easter if you want to compare notes. Also feel free to PM me if you wish.
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post pictures!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hebster52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note!
Pre Jan-50 dashes have the oilpressure indicator to the left and the Highbeam indicator to the right.

In picture a NOS 47 dashpod where you see the blue highbeam indicator to the right and the green oilpressure indicator to the left.

You also see the large switches typical for 46-47's.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The KidVRod project
The 356 Pre-A replica,SOLD
The 1966 Kommanderwagen, SOLD
The Doppel -67, SOLD
The Singlecab -72, SOLD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: