Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1970 Fastback ms turbo build
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1970 Fastback ms turbo build Reply with quote

huelsdonk wrote:

So now I have been gathering parts and ideas for my build and have ended up with this bunch of garbage I'm gonna try to make into something that works. ☺

Goal: turbo and megasquirt the freshly rebuilt 1600dp

Parts:
Microsquirt v3 w/8ft harness

Bench tested the MicroSquirt!!! worked great. v3.83 firmware, now I have a lot to learn about it.

I've got a question (excuse me if I missed something), but which system are you using? MegaSquirt? Or MicroSquirt? I'm just asking, as it seems you referenced MegaSquirt first, but after that you keep saying MicroSquirt. I was thinking these are 2 different injection systems. Think
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Nate M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intrinsic wrote:

The Standard injector is easy to find brand new, here is a link to the part at RockAuto, though there are lots of other sources.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=47295

I have used the Standard injectors on my MS with great success.

I'm not familiar with these specific injectors. Question about these injectors:

Do these have a pintel valve at the tip like OEM Bosch injectors (with a center pintel pin that slightly protrudes through) or do they use a disc valve with a series if very small drilled holes at the tip??

EDIT: I didn't see the "next photo" icon and have answered my own question. . . Rolling Eyes Wink They are disc type injectors.

I'm a big fan of the pintel valve type for the fine mist spray pattern they create. I've always been able to do finer tuning with the pintel type.

Nate M.

Squarsche build
Heavy Metal Affliction feature

For heaven's sake, put a type4 and a Porsche 5-speed in there. . . It's the right thing to do!!
jarred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, cool. First turbo project with my wheels system! For crimp style connectors I normally crimp, solder then heat shrink. The soldering keeps corrosion from running up the wire... something I learned from marine wiring. Also, there are two types of heatshrink, I prefer the stuff with glue on the interior since it seals when you shrink it. Various wall thicknesses are available. All can be had from digikey.com. If you plan the harness ahead, you can get it all in sealed heatshrink. I'm not a fan of that corrugated split loom stuff, mostly from an aesthetic standpoint. Only drawback to a sealed loom is you'll never be able to modify it. Normally buy my wire and automotive connectors from waytekwire.com Helps to get the proper crimping tool for the specific pin/connector series.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: