Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SD field find - JAEHN panel
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
EverettB wrote:
UZI wrote:
manny, that video, however self promoting is awesome. it really has "l'esprit de couer" of the east coast trailbash and hard core bus scene. lfor instance how many people bring their stuffed animal with them when they go off-roading?

LOL, I like how that implies everyone has a stuffed animal but most don't bring it.

think they don't?

New Reader's Rides pic thread?
"Stuffed Animals and your VW"
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda strange but i'm sure it would be popular with the registered offenders that use this site.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuñado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
UZI wrote:
EverettB wrote:
UZI wrote:
manny, that video, however self promoting is awesome. it really has "l'esprit de couer" of the east coast trailbash and hard core bus scene. lfor instance how many people bring their stuffed animal with them when they go off-roading?

LOL, I like how that implies everyone has a stuffed animal but most don't bring it.

think they don't?

New Reader's Rides pic thread?
"Stuffed Animals and your VW"

Done: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549343
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

little did the previous owner of this JAEHN panel know that when he towed this bus off into the field on the plains of south dakota that one day his former bus would be the springboard for what will certainly be one of the most popular threads on the most popular VW website in the world.

zozo wrote:
UZI wrote:
do you take little humpty offroading?

Lol. I don't take ME offroading.

it might be time for a new hobby.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just spoke with the original owners son who is now 65 years old and he was pleased to hear from me. the specific details about the bus were vague but he told me his father and his father's brother R.D. Jaehn and W.R. Jaehn had a fairly large contruction business that built alot of houses around rapid city because there was a boeing plant there that created a need for more housing. he told me that "old volks home" was probably the dealership where they bought the bus which was one of three that they owned. their contruction company had a remodeling business and he thought this bus probably belonged to the foreman who eventually painted it white. he agreed with me that the bus had only 29Kmiles on it. he said "there's no way anyone would drive a VW 129K miles in 8 or 9 years back then".

i emailed him some pictures that peeps posted in this thread. i hope you guys don't mind. i asked him if he could send some pictures that the bus appears in. he said he'd need to look but not so sure he has any.

he was a super nice guy and "enjoyed visiting" referring to our phone conversation.

Quote:
Quote:
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
little did the previous owner of this JAEHN panel know that when he towed this bus off into the field on the plains of south dakota that one day his former bus would be the springboard for what will certainly be one of the most popular threads on the most popular VW website in the world.

zozo wrote:
UZI wrote:
do you take little humpty offroading?

Lol. I don't take ME offroading.

it might be time for a new hobby.

Huh. And Petr speaks highly of you. Confused
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
i just spoke with the original owners son who is now 65 years old and he was pleased to hear from me. the specific details about the bus were vague but he told me his father and his father's brother R.D. Jaehn and W.R. Jaehn had a fairly large contruction business that built alot of houses around rapid city because there was a boeing plant there that created a need for more housing. he told me that "old volks home" was probably the dealership where they bought the bus which was one of three that they owned. their contruction company had a remodeling business and he thought this bus probably belonged to the foreman who eventually painted it white. he agreed with me that the bus had only 29Kmiles on it. he said "there's no way anyone would drive a VW 129K miles in 8 or 9 years back then".

i emailed him some pictures that peeps posted in this thread. i hope you guys don't mind. i asked him if he could send some pictures that the bus appears in. he said he'd need to look but not so sure he has any.

he was a super nice guy and "enjoyed visiting" referring to our phone conversation.

Good to hear you got in touch with them. Wasn't there an Old Volks Home oil change sticker on the rear apron? I thought it looked like the first one mentioning 0 miles.

I have a bunch more of those Old Volks Home stickers from one of their old mechanics I got to know here in town. He still had a stack of them in his tool box. I bought a bunch of old speed parts from him. Super cool guy.

The bus looks great Gibbs!!

Brian
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, there is a OVH sticker on the rear apron. thanks for putting me in touch with the PO's son!

Quote:
Quote:
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted up a video on my shop facebook page of the fresh 40hos motor getting broken in for this bus.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1020077427601...mp;theater

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bendango
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE - saw the classified and followed the thread - thanks for the entertainment over a big breakfast - (the van not the pussies bitching with sand in their vaginas) Very Happy

BTW - did this thing wear some bias-plies? It looks like it when its up on the stand getting the 40hp fitted?

Also Love the garden shed door - walk through / garden shed door, that shit should be M-coded!!

New owner - please keep up dates, Weakness for SWR Very Happy

WANTED - [WTB] 55-62 Bus Thin Lip Package Tray SWR

Getting Used - SWR 60 westy copy built by vw ( apparently Rolling Eyes )
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=320866

Braukuche wrote:
Where did you find the elephant dick?
VWDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
update on this panel:

brian and i made a deal on this bus. it rolled into philly about 2 weeks ago...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

the valve stem was broken so it had a flat. i only had 12 blocks to go so i "flat" towed it.

first thing i did was ripped that junk bulkhead divider out of it Wink

i razor bladed what was left of the housepaint off then polished it out a bit. i don't think i took any pix in the real "before" and "after" states but it cleaned up noice.

a box arrived yesterday from wolfsburg west along with code cut keys from gabe. first thing i did was unlock the door locks that had been locked in 1969...43 years ago!
at the end of the day i got it on the lift and pulled the drums. czeck out that undercarriage!

riveted brake shoes...yay! smiling!

yay! smiling!

i'm sloshing the gas tank out with acetone. tomorrow i will blast the tank out, let it dry and install it friday. also tomorrow i will put new wheel cylinders on. it outta be running and driving soon!

Got on to this thread because this Bus is now for sale. Too bad someone isn't using the Samba Gallery…no pics! Sad Very cool Bus and some great sympathetic work done to make it a real running/driving treasure…Kudos! Cool

1970 Lotus White Single Cab 2015- , 1979 Sage Green 2014-2015, 1978 Dakota Beige Westy 2012-2015, 1978 Neptune Blue Riviera 2012-2017 , 1970 Neptune Blue Bus 2010-2012, 1970 Deluxe Savannah Beige 2010-2012, 1985 Iltis 2010- , 1962 Single Cab 2010-2013, 1975 Brasilia? Bay/Split Kombi from Brazil 2008-2011, 1985 DoKa 1999-2009, 1971 Bus 1999-2000, 1968 Double Cab 1991-1998, 1965 Ghia 1987-1991, 1970 Westfalia-bought by Mum and Dad in 1970, sold by me in 1993 why-oh-why :_(
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Jump to:
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: