Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Paintbooth
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
73resto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Paintbooth Reply with quote

So i'm new to painting. I got everything i need. I want to just paint the hood, deck lid , and fenders, and see how they come out. I fether etched the hood and decklid.--> so all i need to do it clean them, and prime them with high build sandable primer. The Fenders are new--> i will strip them, self etch prime, and high build prime them.

What is the average Temperature that primers be sprayed in.??

I have no booth, so i will make a make shift one out of 2x2 framing in the shape of a box with a plastic sheet covering the box frame.

I will put the booth in the shed or garage??? which one.
i will wet floor and then paint

I don't know what i'm talking about. Does it sound silly
or legite ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jim_dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know much about making a spray booth
but...

spray the floor with water to stop any dust lifting then put all car stuff in to be sprayed and clean them

beforehand..........
set up a filterd fan blowing air in, fans must have closed 'engine' to resist fire
also an out fan
a mask for yourself as well

in fan should be above car and out fan bellow the car to make the air and over spray sucked down and out over the car

hope this helps.................
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've painted entire cars using a make shift booth and it works fine. I used a 12x25 car port wrapped with painters plastic sheets on the side of my house. A good fan will be good too since the space (2x2) you're contemplating on using seems fairly small. Don't want those fumes built up in a confined area
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
lonslo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you spray outside watchout for bugs flying onto your fresh paint. it could ruin everything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bmtx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fan pulling air out will work good by itself. A fan blowing air in will stir up dust and bring it in. It will also have a bad cross draft. By using the one fan to pull out fumes, thats all it does. It does draw air so a good filter on the other end to filter out particles would be good.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: