Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

T3 Club round up?
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: T3 Club round up? Reply with quote

I am curious as to whats happening out there club wise? My 1500 club has not had alot of attention from me latley, but then again its not a drive and bbq kind of club.

How are others fairing out there? I guess the T3 San Diego club is officialy "dead" as the site dosnt work anymore. And the original founder lives in Orange County anyway( Orange County Cali, not NY ). When I get settled in the PNW I plan to put alot more info on my site. New stickers and shirts are in the works.

So whats in PNW club wise. Is the DDB a club Martin or a loose affiliation of T3 owners riding under the DDB shop banner?

Whats going on with the Klture guys, Frank, Jacin?? I plan to roll through your hood this summer on my way up north. Ill stay till the beer is gone Wink

So chime in, whats the prognocess on club life out there in the world not just the left coast in the USA.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked on your site Mrtin and answered my question about the DDB. Yes they are a club.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheDDB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Jason-
The DDB Is a car club...
The shop started as an off shoot from the club events.

As we would go places people always ask about parts/ service...so that is how this started.

We are having our monthly meetings and planning out the 05 show season.
We are about 20-25 members local in the PDX area, and have just started a Mid-west chapter [w/ Mr. Bubble head spear heading that operation]

It seems that we have picked up 4 new members this year [and we now have a t34 in our group]
We are making good progress a club our "core" group in place and has been since we started in Jan 02.

As it sits now we plan on attended

Sacramento
The Classic
All the PNW events we can
Great canadian show
and finishing off in Vegas!

We will again be hosting our own "Burger meet" and show and shine this summer in conjuntion with the PIR show in Aug.

We hope to hit as many of these shows as we can...
And we will be driving our cars there also.

Also we have many friends in washinton, that will cruz with us to shows and join in our numbers.

Dont worry we wount turn away any 1500 members...

Wink

Home of the only bolt on type 3 air ride kit
http://www.theDDB.com

Its a type 3 thing, so you might not understand
Yes I Walk the Walk
Mr. Bubblehead
El Chupa Nibre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Midwest Chapter of the DDB (currently consisting of Blankmange and myself) will be taking a road trip down to Texas this weekend, to represent at the Ennis Bug-In. Next month we have a couple local shows and cruise-ins, our primary focus right now is recruiting members in the sw Missouri - se Oklahoma -se Kansas - nw Arkansas area (basically within a 100-mile radius of Springfield, Missouri). I know that there are type 3 owners out there, if anyone here is in this area and would like to help build up a good club let me know.
Samba Member #4862
typfasty
Samba Neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Bubblehead wrote:
The Midwest Chapter of the DDB (currently consisting of Blankmange and myself) will be taking a road trip down to Texas this weekend, to represent at the Ennis Bug-In. Next month we have a couple local shows and cruise-ins, our primary focus right now is recruiting members in the sw Missouri - se Oklahoma -se Kansas - nw Arkansas area (basically within a 100-mile radius of Springfield, Missouri). I know that there are type 3 owners out there, if anyone here is in this area and would like to help build up a good club let me know.

I'd be interested in a local chapter. I'm more ne oklahoma and my fastback isn't quite road worthy of long trips yet.

stop parading your angles
Mr. Bubblehead
El Chupa Nibre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

typfasty wrote:
I'd be interested in a local chapter. I'm more ne oklahoma and my fastback isn't quite road worthy of long trips yet.

I meant to put ne OK, not se. Sorry for the typo.
Samba Member #4862
raru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T3K is alive and kicking. We were a little dormant for the winter and late last summer, but a lot of those MIA folks are starting to contact me again. The website is being redone and should be posted up soon. In addition, Frank has been keeping the buzz going regarding a Type 3 "show" for Nor Cal. Right now, we're planning on keeping it low key with more of a bbq style meet/show. We've already peeped some locations and will be finalizing soon. We'll have some preferential parking for all Type 3's and people can just chill, grub, talk, etc. That'll be the Saturday before BOR so those who already travel up/down have something more to do.
95 Jetta
98 323is
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Bubblehead wrote:
our primary focus right now is recruiting members

and getting my square back on the road...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: