Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help required in Ontario PLEASE
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgangrinder1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Help required in Ontario PLEASE Reply with quote

Yep I live in Onscario Canada. The leftest province. The one that won't insure squat. I saw a thread You guys had here some time ago and it never came to a real good resolution that I could see. It was to do with insuring rails and DB's in this he!!ish province. I think it ended with buddy going to facilities insurance and getting smacked for 1600 a year. God I basically get two months where I live. 800 a month. Still I can't even sell the thing off cause it's not legally in my name yet cause without insurance we can't swith ownership at our MTO. God if anyone from Ontario can please help. The ownership that came with it says "MODEL D.B." So there's no getting around the dune buggy part. Guys I'm drowning here.It's safetied,appraised. You name it. Poor way to break into a forum I know but queen Ann is walking me up to the block here
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain, morgangrinder. Have you contacted an insurance broker? Maybe they can sift through several companies and find the proverbial needle in the haystack... It would help to do this when your other car/house/motorcycle/rv/boat etc insurance contracts are due for a renewal, that way you may have a bargaining chip. Your broker/insurer may see the opportunity to score a lucrative multiple items contract, rather than an oddball vehicle that don't fit in their usual categories. Here in Quebec, there's no way you could get that car street legal on account of fender-less tires. That's a big no-no here.

Anyway I hope you soon find a solution to this, it sucks to see a fellow car afficionado in a bind because of clueless pencil pushers...
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you don't have to pay 1600$, that is for a year, but you only use it 2 months, so that's 266.66$ (133.33/month) the rest of the year, just un-register and un-i sure it... Lots of guys do it that way around here.
Morgangrinder1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singerdude wrote:
I feel your pain, morgangrinder. Have you contacted an insurance broker? Maybe they can sift through several companies and find the proverbial needle in the haystack... It would help to do this when your other car/house/motorcycle/rv/boat etc insurance contracts are due for a renewal, that way you may have a bargaining chip. Your broker/insurer may see the opportunity to score a lucrative multiple items contract, rather than an oddball vehicle that don't fit in their usual categories. Here in Quebec, there's no way you could get that car street legal on account of fender-less tires. That's a big no-no here.

Anyway I hope you soon find a solution to this, it sucks to see a fellow car afficionado in a bind because of clueless pencil pushers...

Believe it or not. The cooperators say it's looking good
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing with our special cars, they're a lot more work and head scratching than a regular car. That gives them not only monetary, but sentimental value. And that's part of why we get so attached to them. Have a good summer with your soon to be insured rail Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: