Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is a Manx body worth?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElijahTurtle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think manx bodies are probably worth more, but in reality it depends on the buyer. There are people that are collectors that recognize & love them for their historical significance in automotive history & would pay more for them for those reasons as well as others that prefer them over knock offs for a variety of reasons. Some are addicted to the build, others to the joy of driving them, and some like me have extreme sentimental value tied up into theirs. The value is strictly in the eye of the beholder aka owner.
I like the look of the manx, it's lines & shape are smooth & simple. I can't really argue with the fact that they look great, but there ore other bodies out there that I like the look of a little better but that is my personal preference. I would be willing to pay more for a true manx than a close look alike clone though because I appreciate the history of them. But I wouldn't hunt one down specifically because it was a manx.
I do think it's a shame that the Meyers family got the short end of the stick on the legal side of things with their intellectual property. At the same time, from the perspective of a buggy owner, I'm glad there are a variety of styles out there to have. If everyone had the same car in the world, life would seem very vanilla flavored. But it definitely wasn't a win/win scenario for everyone, if it was the Meyers family would be living on easy street for their contribution to the world, but they aren't.
Tutt Buggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after many years of sitting around staring at the car with no money to spend on it, finally got some finances together and started on it again. One of the fun parts was taking pictures and emailing the fine people at Manx in CA, Winnie emailed me back and verified it's a Manx, after reading all these comments I think I will just build it the way I can afford, and enjoy it. I'll keep the fact it's genuine to myself as to not stir up any bad feelings among other drivers. ha. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: