Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lowering a Bay ON AIR
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpetteng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Lowering a Bay ON AIR Reply with quote

So there are loads of threads on lowering your bay in all kinds of manner except using air ride.

So, Hayden (PanelKraft) and I have already decided we are going to do this on my bus but wondered if anyone else had tried? So the front end is easy - buy a split Creative Engineering beam that has twin airbags.

The back gets difficult especially as we have to shoehorn in a Porsche flat 6 3.2 with 915 transmission but it has to be doable.

Also, trying to figure where to put the external oil cooler, compressor and air tank(s).

We are not doing this because its easy, we are doing it because it hasn't ben done much but any input would be really appreciated.

Already got Boxster S calipers all round as a basis for the brakes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dpetteng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
First
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious how you make out with this. I haven't been on this forum long at all but I get the vibe that this is not a lowered friendly forum. It seems like EarlyBay forum is more open to lowering questions.
I have a 76 TinTop and would love to bag mine
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 244 page thread on lowering bays. Search "lowered bays" and you will find it. Not sure if it has any info on airbags or not.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
dpetteng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked right through the lowering thread and next to nothing on AIR, hence this thread. Seems it hasn't been done much. I will post pics as we figure it out
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to that lowering thread and look at the upper left corner of the page you'll see a little box marked "search this thread" right beside the reply button, type any air suspension related word like bags, compressor, valve (must have more than 3 letters) and it'll show you all the related posts in that thread. Wink

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
airkooledchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone will chime in soon, but there's some Russian guys that did full air on a late bay already. keep digging, you'll find them!
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
If you go to that lowering thread and look at the upper left corner of the page you'll see a little box marked "search this thread" right beside the reply button, type any air suspension related word like bags, compressor, valve (must have more than 3 letters) and it'll show you all the related posts in that thread. Wink

If it's not in here, add it here.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: