Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Idea about compressor maintanence
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
swavananda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Idea about compressor maintanence Reply with quote

Hope this is the right forum to ask this.
I have an older 33 gal devilbliss/craftsman dual piston compresser.It has been well used and is holding up great. Over the weekend I changed the oil and cleaned it ip nice and an idea popped into my head . Since I sometimes space regularly draining and sometimes a little brownish water sprays out. What about shooting some of eastwoods internal frame coating up through the drain valve? Anyone think that would help preserve the tank? Any cons of doing it?. I happen to have 1/2 a can left over so eager to try. Thanks for any input
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess here: do you use the Compressor for painting? Any chance that oil could work it's way into the gun?
But I agree about the internal rust. I've wondered how big a problem it is.

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW_Buggsy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That eastwood stuff isn't oil though. It's some kind of paint stuff.

I have no idea if it would work but it sounds a good idea. You'd want it good and dry in there first I think.

My tank has access ports and I keep thinking of opening it up and dumping some masterseries in there or something... Maybe after an acid clean out.

You do it first and let us all know how it works out for you Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
swavananda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email to eastwood customer service for their feedback as well. I 'll report back when i hear back from them
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: