Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Saint Christopher Horn Button - Christophorus - For Purchase
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tweet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Saint Christopher Horn Button - Christophorus - For Purchase Reply with quote

Hello,
First off I would like to thank anyone who contributes to this post in advance. I have an opportunity to purchase this St. Christopher horn button, but I don' t know what is a fair price to pay. I am aware they are rare, expensive, and this one appears to be in very good condition. I am seeking to find out what would be the Samba price and also a full retail price.

I will fo llow up with pictures when I can upload them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwovalguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be very careful when buying these buttons, there are many reproductions out there!! Please post a few detailed pictures of the face before you buy! I had to learn the hard way, but feel I know my stuff now.

Last edited by vwovalguy on Sun May 10, 2015 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tweet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice, I will heed it. I do believe the horn button is authentic. It has the correct markings on the back and the detail in the faces of the saint and child are pronounced. The colors look good. However, I was unsuccessful at uploading the images. They are HTML and I've tried to convert them unsuccessfully.

The button is the most common version with the white opalescent ring surrounding the main image and ivory button base. It does have one visible crack down the center in the acrylic, but overall in good condition. The chrome bezel is also in good condition.

So, if anyone can throw some prices out based on this information without pictures, that would be great, thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: