Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1983 Quantum coupe (fastback) in U-Pull near me.
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: 1983 Quantum coupe (fastback) in U-Pull near me. Reply with quote

I thought I'd put this out here on Samba simply because it's a very unusual VW and its in great shape. I'd be willing to get parts off it. It is a 1983 Quantum 5 speed fastback coupe. The body is a grey/green, it has 2 of the original 13" alloys on it and seems to have been parked in side for much of its life. The seats are a coarse black/white thread and they are in time-capsule condition. The two front seat have sheepskins on them, so when I pulled one edge up to see how bad they were, I was expecting junk covered with the seat covers. Nope. It literally looks like someone put these on the day they bought the car. The driver's seat is completely immaculate.

Anyhow, the car is complete. I actually asked the yard how much to sell the whole thing and they quoted me a stupid price of $1000. There is a note on the w/s that says runs/drives. Not anymore since they drain the oils and punch holes in fuel tanks, etc per federal regs. Paper work shows a lady owner. She must have liked the car.

Anyhow, someone needs to go get some parts off this rare bird. PM me.
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, seriously? Nobody's into this unique body style enough to even ask about it? It looks like a sophiisticated Scirrocco body and the interior is amazing. Thought there'd be people fighting over this. Shocked
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble is there just aren't that many around (as you already pointed out), and the few that are still around are in sad disrepair, have been irreparably modified, or both.

I've seen two on the Internet in the past year or so. One was for sale and riddled with rust. The other was slammed with a VR6 transplant in need of much. It, too, eventually went to the classifieds. Not sure if either was sold.

I bet it has been 10 years since I last saw one in person. I'm sure many parts are NLA including the gas tank. Restoring one requires space, a lot of time, a fair amount of money with no hopes of getting a return, and the patience than Job.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: