Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus Boys
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLVRSRFR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Bus Boys Reply with quote

I ordered some new shocks from Bus Boys last Tuesday and asked them to e-mail me a tracking number... I didn't get an e-mail so now I am trying to get them on the phone again - no answer on Thursday, Friday, or so far today (I left a message and e-mailed with no response). Has anybody else run into the same problem? Maybe they just went on vacation!

'78 westy, '64 sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Boesen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI.... You could post here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?search_keywords=busboys&search_forum=14 it's the Buyer/seller feedback. More apt to get a response from others who may have expirienced the same issues.. Also it is the Memorial Day holiday here in the USA today that's why nobody is answering. Wink Hope your issue gets resolved.
SLVRSRFR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the heads up on the holiday - hopefully that explains it!

Didn't notice that buyer/seller feedback - thanks for that as well.

'78 westy, '64 sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Busboys in the past and in fact bought two of their VDO tach adapters recently. Walter is no longer with them, bummer. That said, the parts arrived in about 5 days. Not quick and not slow. Kinda medium.
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
I've used Busboys in the past and in fact bought two of their VDO tach adapters recently. Walter is no longer with them, bummer. That said, the parts arrived in about 5 days. Not quick and not slow. Kinda medium.

Never met Walter, but talked to him on the phone many times. I would guess he may have been well past retirement age. Never had a single problem with him that I can recall at this time. Glad the business is still there and didn't close its doors. Hope the new guys can figure it out.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dealt with Bill from BB about a month ago when I purchased a remaned steering box for my bay. I had no problems with them although they weren't the fastest. All good by me we are dealing with people in the ACVW market, it would be silly to think everything is gonna get done yesterday. It seems to be good although I only drove it around 120 miles before my engine blew. Smile

When I order from BD it's never faster then 10 working days until I get my product. Takes them at least 5 days to pick and pack my order then another 5 days for FedEx to get my order cross the country. I mostly order from CIP1 now. They offer faster service for me in the south west, their site tells you if the product is in stock or not and free shipping.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During Walter's time I used to get packages in just a day or two. Hopefully the new guys will follow suit with this kind of service. It seems a lot of these places must primarily sell the hobbyist who must not mind if their rig is down for a week over a $5 part. As someone who uses their old rigs as daily drivers and who takes long trips several times a year, I want to buy from people who get the package out the day the order comes in Wink , not sometime next week. Evil or Very Mad
rustybusjef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have very good luck ordering parts from Bus Boys , except for 1/2 of what I want is on backorder. Aeromech - how well did the adapters work ?
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:
As someone who uses their old rigs as daily drivers and who takes long trips several times a year, I want to buy from people who get the package out the day the order comes in Wink , not sometime next week. Evil or Very Mad

start stocking spares/consumables. problem solved. then, you are only waiting for a part to come in to sit on the shelf

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use the feedback thread.
busboys
Thanks
Tcash
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Wildthings wrote:
As someone who uses their old rigs as daily drivers and who takes long trips several times a year, I want to buy from people who get the package out the day the order comes in Wink , not sometime next week. Evil or Very Mad

start stocking spares/consumables. problem solved. then, you are only waiting for a part to come in to sit on the shelf

I have a very good stock by most peoples standards, but guaranteed I will not have every last part I think I need when I start a job. Luckily I have a local NAPA and a mom and pops FLAPS that are both very good and if they can supply what I need Halsey Imports typically will have my parts on my doorstep in a day.
BUSBOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus Boys Reply with quote

Is Bus Boys still open? No answer on their telephone lines for the past week.
(sold - but not forgotten)
murraymuzz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus Boys Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to get hold of Bill from Busboys by email or phone recently? 5th email to him this morning and still no reply. Not answering their phone this morning either. All I want to know is if they have received a returned faulty part and when I will be refunded. If Anyone can help would really appreciate it as I am an overseas customer...

Thanks
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus Boys Reply with quote

My impression is that bus boys has a very old school culture. Parts knowledge is second to none, but don't expect Amazon shipping or response times.
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus Boys Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=229998

Moderator note:
Please use this thread ONLY
murraymuzz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus Boys Reply with quote

Anyone live nearby, who can see if they are still doing business?

183 Lake Blvd E, Redding, CA
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: