Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

67 Bug Rear Sway bar Bushings?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Frankysfree
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: 67 Bug Rear Sway bar Bushings? Reply with quote

I bought a 67 swingaxle beetle a few years ago and just now getting it on the road. After rebuilding the front sway bar i moved to the back suspension and noticed a sway bar and the bushings that go on either side of the rod that connects to the suspension are mostly missing from being so worn out. I gather from searches that the rear sway bar didnt come factory but was added later. This brings me to my issue. I can find the whole rear sway bar kit but i cannot seem to find replacement bushing for them from any of the major vw parts sites ive checked. I dont really want to spend the money for a completely new setup when all i need is the bushings. Id prefer polyurathane is possible. Any help is appreciated.

"You can't know where your going until you know where you've been"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Classifieds Feedback
vwpackrat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are referrring to the that sway bar that is right behind the shocks with vertical bars that is stock for 67/68 beetles it is not aftermarket. It is refrerred to a "z bar" stabilizer bar and they do sell the bushing kits.

That what u looking for?
Just do a search for that part no 111598001 and shop around

Also found one one ebay if ur a "ebayer" for $48 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-TYPE-1-3-BUG-GHIA-NOTCH...mp;vxp=mtr

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111598001
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Frankysfree
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot!!

"You can't know where your going until you know where you've been"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it is an overload spring, not a sway bar.
vwpackrat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u look at wolfsburg west site you will see each piece called out seperately in exploded diagram picture under "rear axle"..........there is 7 pcs per side for your reference you can just buy the complete z bar bushing 14pc kit. And yes KTphil is correct it is a overload bar for the torsions
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: