Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1967 KG Convertible Restoration Project
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matanin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: 1967 KG Convertible Restoration Project Reply with quote

I've just completed the block sanding of the primmer getting ready for paint. The car originally was Bermuda Blue with black top and black interior.

BTW this is a 100% garage find with less than 60000 original miles and I'm the second owner. I stripped it all down to bare metal.

Any thoughts to re painting original color and interior verse a custom color with leather seats and cloth top?
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post up some pictures to The Samba Gallery...let's have a look at her Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this picture in THIS THREAD - it's Ghia forum member rcooled's 1967 Bermuda Blue 1967 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you're asking for opinions here, I'd say stick with the original Bermuda Blue - it is a beautiful color.
If you want to do the "custom thing" to make the Ghia more exactly to your liking, then stick with just modifying the interior and perhaps even the cabriolet top as those can be returned to stock much easier than the exterior paint should a subsequent owner prefer that.
That's just my 2 cents worth anyway.
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KGCoupe wrote:
I found this picture in THIS THREAD - it's Ghia forum member rcooled's 1967 Bermuda Blue 1967 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you're asking for opinions here, I'd say stick with the original Bermuda Blue - it is a beautiful color.

Agree...beautiful Ghia...just about everything right on this restoration.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NOVA Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1967 KG Convertible Restoration Project Reply with quote

Matanin wrote:
I've just completed the block sanding of the primmer getting ready for paint. The car originally was Bermuda Blue with black top and black interior.

BTW this is a 100% garage find with less than 60000 original miles and I'm the second owner. I stripped it all down to bare metal.

Any thoughts to re painting original color and interior verse a custom color with leather seats and cloth top?

Given the originality of the car I would go with the original color. Changing it would likely impact the value...as well as the history of the vehicle. Also that color is pretty nice and looks period correct.

I think you could get a little creative on the interior if you wanted to since this can be switched back fairly easily. I would be inclined to do a complete swap with new seats and preserve the originals. That is what I did on my car. As far as I could tell it had approximately 53K original miles. The seat skins were in excellent condition. I pulled the seats and put in aftermarket units that can be swapped out easily.
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KGCoupe wrote:

x2
Doch leider musst du von uns gehn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: