Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Idle stumble / throttle hesitation
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freshdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a new screw clamp for now (hex head rather than phillips) and readjusted everything on the intake boot to make sure its snug and tight.
Swapped out my dist rotor and cap as well.

Problem seems to be gone, and the flickering on the coolant light has stopped as well. Vacuum indeed seems to be the culprit here, with the stress of the airbox clamp pulling it to the passenger side added with a long hot drive and all the vibration that goes with it, i believe the bottom side of the afm to boot junction had a less than perfect seal after cooling off and ran like crap the next morning until it was re-seated and a new screw clamp tightened down nicely.
For now ive left the airbox clamp off, will come up with a better less stressful solution later.

New intake boot is in the mail (piece of mind replacement, plus its getting pretty gross on the underside) and im going to look into either smoke testing the vacuum areas a la this link
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=461116&highlight=vacuum+smoke
Or i will try the propane torch route, any tips or opinions?

Either way, i seem to be running well again. Love the community, appreciate all the responses. Hope someone else can find useful info from this thread in the future.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: