Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon Registry
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad I can't see that I just registered my 2 T3s ..... Confused

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
geo_tonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Too bad I can't see that I just registered my 2 T3s ..... Confused

Not sure where you are looking but a '91 Carat and an '86 Doka were entered by you on record 110 and 111.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KbbXgSINdq...=989468239

New entries just get added to the bottom. Periodically I manually re-sort them by year and Serial number. As you did not put in the serial they will eventually just be at the bottom of their year-group. This also gives me the chance to clean up as sometimes people manage to do duplicate entries somehow for the same van.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
geo_tonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Houstonphotog's ride has become average!

I've been slacking...watching the numbers slowly go up but haven't commented lately. Thanks to all those who have registered so far! 124 and counting. The average van is now a Good Condition US Model 1984 OR 1987 (tied) Vanagon GL Westfalia Camper with a 2.1L and 2WD 4-speed in Pastel white owned for 7 years!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
geo_tonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the person who posted the Syncro 16 Dehler Profi: For the love of god PLEASE post some pictures somewhere!!!!! What a freakin' unicorn that is!!!
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty certain I sent mine in a couple months back?
LP
Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
geo_tonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chojinchef wrote:
Pretty certain I sent mine in a couple months back?
LP

I don't see a van with your Samba handle registered and the 2 Mass. vans on it have other samba handles. Are you sure you went through the registration?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12eeoTC8d22H5rwYjtRrEuJLWxOaRJynNXjwMsHVWA60/viewform?c=0&w=1
geo_tonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we're up to 145 vans now...The 1987's have taken it! The average van is now a Good Condition US Model 1987 Vanagon GL Westfalia Camper with a 2.1L and 2WD 4-speed in Pastel white owned since 2008. Lots more to go! Oh well, not everyone is a dork like me!

Favorite name now: "50 Shades"! if the van's a rockin'...
johnnyjewel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

I just pushed the Vanagon Registry to and past 200!
lemonspeed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

#214 ! Cheers
73 Transporter (sold) "chloe"
80 Vanagon (sold) "brownie"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

I realize most of this thread was about a year ago, but it baffles me why publishing VINs is an invitation to trouble. Many years ago, it was California law to publish the VIN in any sales offer ad. I think the logic was, making it public de facto sanitized the group of available vehicles for sale. If the vehicle was know to be stolen, the seller would know better than to list it for sale.
Do not know if California still does this.
Samba ad outlines have a blank for the model year, but optional.
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
geo_tonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

Well, up to 236 now. Once again I've been negligent in posting here, but I continue to monitor the progress. Hopefully people find at least some passing interest in the registry. I always like to check out the van names and some PO stories are interesting!

1987 Pastel white 2.1L Manual Westy has it now!

As far as VINs...I don't see the concern sharing it...it's on the dashboard of every car out there for anyone walking by to read. But some are more protective of it and so I wrote into the form not to include the full VIN, in the hopes that those gun-shy of sharing their VIN will still put their van in it.
JustsomeKentuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

Just regisered #238...and accidentally #239 when I tried to edit to add some info.
PM'd Tony to see if the early entry can be deleted.

Also, what happens if a van is registered by a new owner after being registered by a previous owner? Does the list's software catch that?
geo_tonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

The list's "software" is just Google Sheets which is essentially Excel, so no, there's nothing that accounts for new owners of previously registered vans. The spreadsheet allows duplicates in the SN field so it can be entered again. Not sure how to handle rhat one...will have to figure it out when it happens.
JustsomeKentuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

geo_tonz wrote:
The list's "software" is just Google Sheets which is essentially Excel, so no, there's nothing that accounts for new owners of previously registered vans. The spreadsheet allows duplicates in the SN field so it can be entered again. Not sure how to handle rhat one...will have to figure it out when it happens.

Cool. I was kinda hopin to find mine was already registered Smile.
Thanks
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

Why is this a sticky? Given the low interest, it seems this thread should mingle with the rest of the threads that average less than a post a month over 18 months.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
geo_tonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
Why is this a sticky? Given the low interest, it seems this thread should mingle with the rest of the threads that average less than a post a month over 18 months.

If the admins feel it's necessary sure. There aren't that many posts on this thread, but there are as many views of the thread (which points to the registry) as 4 or five of the other stickies so I would not say people are not interested. If something else garners more interest or is a more vital reference then go for it.
vanadom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

Registered!
geo_tonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

vanadom wrote:
Registered!

Dancing
geo_tonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon Registry Reply with quote

Well, it's been a while since I last made an update!

Up to 260 vans now!

The average van entered?
US 1987 Pastel White Westy with a 4 speed and a 2.1L continue to dominate.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I had no idea there were that many white vans! In fact if you ad all the white/ivory/pearl colours together it's 29% of all the vans entered! Good to see there's a few Bordeaux Reds in there too though!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: