Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Glen Campbell
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Glen Campbell Reply with quote

If you didn't see it on CNN last night, I'm sure they will be replaying the documentary. It's very good but sad at the same time. Excellent documentary on the tragic toll that Alzheimer's takes on people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wife's grandmother had moderate dementia. Short term memory gone at Christmas you could give her the same present over and over again, she got happy every time she saw it. Back to what you said glen was an Arkansas boy and part of the wrecking crew. When you here the beach boys you are really hearing Glen and the wrecking crew. Ditto the righteous brothers and many many others. Ck it out.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad, but he seemed happy doing it. Unlike BB King who seemed to resent the people around him went I saw him last year. I just hope the Campbell family isn't using him solely for their own motives.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having experienced the process of the disease with my Grandmother and now my Mom the resenting people around is a stage you pass through, there's also the incredibly rude stage and the semi violent stage as well as the go for a walk to find your real home stage. It's an absolutely horrifying affliction, Mom used to seem aware she was trapped in there with no way to find the words to say what she really meant, lately I'm not sure anyone's home most of the time, some days I'm not even sure she really knows who I am. The worst part is Mom (and her Mom) was a woman who could slice you to ribbons with a sarcastic comment or relative real life observation that happened to match your situation and you wouldn't realize it was a burn until days later, in fact you'd thank her for the advice, she started and ran multiple very sucessful business and cornered the market on real estate, now she lives in her dream home and asks "when are we going home?" and "who are you?" every day. Good health and long life isn't all it's cracked up to be if you aren't aware you are enjoying it. Crying or Very sad

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree...an excellent documentary.

Amazing how the brain works. How he couldn't even know the year but still able to play the guitar like he did was amazing.

Very sad. I read that he is currently in an assisted living center and can only mutter "I love you" to his wife.
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:

Still able to play the guitar like he did and can only mutter "I love you" to his wife.

Maybe life distilled to what really matters to him.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dad is on his way out,not fun.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: