Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I need a crazy wheel guy in the south for some modification
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharkskinman
Lateral Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: I need a crazy wheel guy in the south for some modification Reply with quote

I'm in New Orleans I want to get a set of steel wheels the center cut out and welded very very low offset for the rat rod project

anybody know anybody cuz sure in the hell isn't anybody in or around New Orleans

Me of Course wrote:
Extremity is relative to how far your willing to jump

Ward Cleaver wrote:
You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards

PS4 "NKOGNEATO"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
risk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm near little rock, ar... Have tried to find the same thing around here, no luck.

Best I could find is sending them to a shop in Michigan, or California.. but the cost was just too high.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sharkskinman
Lateral Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought about making a jig and I don't have a tig

Me of Course wrote:

Ward Cleaver wrote:
You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards

PS4 "NKOGNEATO"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can do it with a mig
SBS US #10
feedback on the shop : http://tinyurl.com/yc7jgkl

Welcome to he darkside, its lower here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Classifieds Feedback
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltons Wheels in CA does custom wheels. I had them do some wide 5 deep dish for my Thing. I guess may depend on how crazy you are looking if they would do them.

i sent them my wide 5 centers and they had the blanks

you may look in to them

ps. I looked around Houston area where I live with no luck. I would have thought I could. I am sure there is someone in a hole in the wall garage that could do. just not ever easy to find
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sharkskinman
Lateral Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you have two or four done and what was the cost and also did you have to ship them?

Me of Course wrote:

Ward Cleaver wrote:

PS4 "NKOGNEATO"
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did 4

used beetle wide 5 centers. I cut them out of stock rims. I shipped them the centers. they installed them in 15 x 6 blanks. not crazy size, just what I was looking for on my project.

been while back. was like $65 per wheel. I know they have gone up. shipping then was very reasonable.They turned them over within a couple weeks. it has been easily 6 years back though. still running them today.

been pleased. they did basic black backs and argent fronts. I had them powder coated once received.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: