Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: West Coast Core
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 11, 2024
gbaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw ad in new high performance parts this morning.
Read feedback here.

Thanks for saving me the headache of dealing with them.
Lockcuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I would've seen this last week, I just ordered from them through Amazon for an Empi towbar. It came without the pins, still waiting for a response from them.
Lockcuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update, They just called me and are overnighting the pins and clips. Not sure if maybe its a different owner now, but I was quite surprised about it.
Just my $.02
roy63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

was going to buy some heads from WCC glad I found this link!

Some day when the rust is gone, I will at last found inner peace... (Peace has Been Found)

"Wide awake, and keeping distance from my soul"
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met this guy (Moe) at the classic today. I asked him a simple question and he got really defensive and it almost appeared he was about to throw a tantrum. Even my wife noticed.. she had to ask me "wtf was his problem?"
Topgun85
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: 2332 tubrbo engine build Reply with quote

I talked to these guys and they had given me good ideas and good information for my first turbo built. I started to talk to one guy about turbo builds an an he was really good on his information, I told him what I was looking for and he was telling me how to achieve it. Later on I found out I was talking to the owner. I told him I wanted a fun reliable turbo car that has some good power. After about six months I had him build me a kick ass engine. west coast core tested my engine before they shipped it out and there were some little issues they had to work out before they sent it out. when I got the finishing product I was really excited about the engine and couldn't wait to drive it. threw the engine in my car and still was talking to the owner on how to tune my carb for this engine and he was telling me tips and tricks on what to do and look for when driving it. car has been running really good and reliable for about half a year now. cant wait to continue on doing more business with them. Laughing
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 2332 tubrbo engine build Reply with quote

Topgun85 wrote:
I talked to these guys and they had given me good ideas and good information for my first turbo built. I started to talk to one guy about turbo builds an an he was really good on his information, I told him what I was looking for and he was telling me how to achieve it. Later on I found out I was talking to the owner. I told him I wanted a fun reliable turbo car that has some good power. After about six months I had him build me a kick ass engine. west coast core tested my engine before they shipped it out and there were some little issues they had to work out before they sent it out. when I got the finishing product I was really excited about the engine and couldn't wait to drive it. threw the engine in my car and still was talking to the owner on how to tune my carb for this engine and he was telling me tips and tricks on what to do and look for when driving it. car has been running really good and reliable for about half a year now. cant wait to continue on doing more business with them. Laughing

That is a serious 'full-of-shit' first post. Nice try...
Topgun85
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I only come on her for wiring diagrams an to buy parts I don't really talk much in here only on face book to talk to people about builds as well so say what u think
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topgun85 wrote:
No I only come on her for wiring diagrams an to buy parts I don't really talk much in here only on face book to talk to people about builds as well so say what u think

You can call me a dick. But I don't buy it 100%. There's a paper trail of reasons chronicled in nine pages. Matter of fact, you have the same f*cked up grammar with the lack of periods at the end of sentences. You need to go away already. I might sound bitter. But your people (WCC) need to learn not to throw tantrums when asked simple questions in person. My wife was about to slap the owner at this last VW Classic for acting like a female with something to hide.
GeorgeL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2332 tubrbo engine build Reply with quote

Topgun85 wrote:

Hmm, better punctuation, but what similar writing styles:

West Coast Core wrote:
do we get complaints sure we do, do we do our best to resolve them instead of putting them on blast on the Internet sure we do, in fact every person who complains I have done my best to fix there problem sure there's always a story to tell but is it always told the way it transpired or the whole story told? I travel all lower 48 states going to each and ever vw shop i can to keep the vw scene going are all the shops cool to deal with?? no not always but that doesn't make them a bad place to deal with do i hear dirt on every VW shop i deal with yes i do in fact every state i go to they all talk bad about there competitors and or customers, its human nature. I am a very fair person never screwed anyone infact none of these complaints say i did in none of them i do my best to make my customers happy and sometimes there's customers that you just can not make happy. If you think that there's a part that west coast core sold you that is not of quality part we will happily exchange the part as long as it not been ran, that's what return policy are for....

ppimpchild wrote:
hello vw land I am new to the samba and was looking to buy a vw westy and stumbled onto the west coast core name and opened it up to see it was my old employer. The owner who is Moe to me was the biggest dick I have ever meet when I worked for him and could not understand why he was a dick to me, but he always yelled at us for not getting the quality and parts out on a timely manner, but then I went into the millitary and realized that every thing he did for me and the rest of the crew was to insure the customer got what they paid for, sure there were problems in dealings with customers but I buy from wal-mart and get bad products and wrong items but I do not go out a trash on them. I really wish that I could go back and say this, moe really has heart for all his customers and really tries to do the best for them but it does not always work out that way. I was not a good employee by no means but thought I was. when I work for west coast core I really never got to know moe to well as some people do but I can say this now that as I looked back at working for him he was actually a great boss and a pretty cool guy and a good first job employer I would stand by him and state he is willing to make his customers happy no matter what it takes and does put alot of work into getting quality parts to sell. So as to this page of writing I count 5 or 6 people talking out of millions of vw owners in the world if you have a problem with west coast core or moe why not just call him im sure he will work it out for you. but asit still stands I need a westy pre 67 any one have one i live in colorado and am willing to travel for the right one let me know
Frank Bassman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8500 for a 71 "low mileage" 81,000 mile bug? Did I miss something? Anyone see that ad?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Bassman wrote:
8500 for a 71 "low mileage" 81,000 mile bug? Did I miss something? Anyone see that ad?

Here it is
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1769685
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears as though their Lancaster CA location has closed & have relocated to Rosamond, CA; just wanted to give everyone here a heads-up! This is what I found on local.com:
West Coast Core
2361 10 St W
Rosamond, CA 93560
(661) 256-8600
Also found this too; not sure if this is another shop of theirs or someone else:
West Coast Core
2901 S Highland Dr
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: 702-836-3534
Also found a facebook page of theirs as well:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/West-coast-core/626839240716761
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rkulis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

I just refreshed my 64 Deluxe and bought a 1915 from West Coast along with a rebuilt trans. Everything so far gone well and the engine is running strong, as well as, the trans. I did have some questions with heat when we installed the engine, but West Coast answered them and after minor adjustments the game was on. These guys might not be for everyone, but so far they have worked out for me. My bus is still a quest for perfection, but having been ripped off by others (Lenny Copp) these guys are Ok. Remember as they say... past performance is not an indicator of future gains, so make up your own mine if you decide to order from any supplier.
ConcernedKansas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

FYI from Kansas. Unrelated to the VW parts industry but in his character. John Moe purchased 4 buildings (some one Ebay) on the downtown square in Belleville, Kansas. For some reason he has made his mission to hold them hostage from our community to let them rot vacant and unused. This is slowly damaging our downtown and we have willing buyers who would like to assist in the development of those properties and or tear down the blighted buildings.

Read more here - http://thebellevilletelescope.com/articles/2013/11/27/city-crossroads

He has allowed the building wall/brick to start falling in the back and potentially damage the neighboring bank and it's employees not to mention the safety of the public is at risk. Seen here - http://thebellevilletelescope.com/articles/2016/02...y%E2%80%99

County records are showing the same guy and addresses -
Owner : Mailing Address :
MOE, JOHN J PO BOX 847 ROSEMOND, CA 93560-0847
IVANS, TYLER

Parcel ID Owner Name Location
1 0791310202010005000 MOE, JOHN J 1503 M ST, Belleville, KS 66935.
2 0791310202025003000 MOE, JOHN J 1718 M ST, Belleville, KS 66935.
3 0791310202041001000 MOE, JOHN J 1902 M ST, Belleville, KS 66935.
4 0791310202042001000 MOE, JOHN J 1334 19TH ST, Belleville, KS 66935.
floppybear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

I am so GLAD that I stumbled upon this page. I have been looking at his website (for the last 2 days) and seriously thinking of upgrading my engine from 1600 to 1915cc. I was going to buy it from him...but my gut told me to do a google search "West Coast Core review". THANKS FOR PROBABLY SAVING ME A BUNCH OF MONEY GUYS!!!
TABASCORY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

I just picked up a card for these guys at Pomona. I guess I'll be throwing that away.
satterley_sr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

Funny how the guy keeps advertising here on thesamba. Someone must be buying from him.
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

just received a very offensive low ball offer on a large pile of cores i'm selling. No surprise after reading this feedback page Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
robsled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: West Coast Core - [email protected] - Beware Reply with quote

So....to flip this thread over....who is the best or most reliable engine builder out there?

First post here and already slipping down the slope with my week old 64 Bus!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: