Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

15 windows Brazil vs German price
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemf8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: 15 windows Brazil vs German price Reply with quote

How much difference in terms of price is a 15 windows brazilian bus vs 15 windows German bus? I saw a few brazilians on 35k average. Can any one tell?
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the late model 15 window buses are cool..... but they're not pre-68 German splitties.... so the price you pay should be lower IMO. How much lower? Maybe half? $35K for a Brazilian bus is kinda ridiculous to me, even if it were totally mint. I'd rather find a really nice 13 window German bus for that price.
But as you know, the real value of something (anything) is the price someone is willing to pay for it. There's always some uniformed idiot out there with a bundle of cash burning a hole in his wallet who will willingly and ignorantly shell out tens of thousands for a bus that really isn't that valuable.

But if you like the bus then don't worry too much about what the VW purists say as they will never appreciate the late model buses. I've never seen one at a show here in the pacific NW, so they are kinda rare creatures here. I wouldn't mind owning one at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post the link to the bus (buses) you're looking at and I'll tell you what I would offer. Maybe some other samba members will as well, and you can really get a feel for what informed enthusiasts would pay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 50% might be a good guess.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: