Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
thasty07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:
thasty07 wrote:
Jake de Villiers wrote:
thasty07 wrote:
16x7 ET 37

This is one of those on the fence wheels and I would love to hear anyone else chime in, I know they will fit, but spacers? Maybe 5mm? On the fronts only?

i ordered 57mm twist in studs for the front from T3 for a different wheel set up but that fell through, so now Im curious as what all I have to change

That's what I'm running - OEM Mercedes versions but the size and the ET are the same.

Clearances will depend on the size of tires you're mounting on the rims. I have 225/55-16 Continentals (summers and winters) and use 1/4" spacers up front for clearance and 1/2" spacers in the back for looks.

I think a 205 tire would clear the upper control arms but I couldn't find one in a stock diameter with a 99T load rating.

Okay sweet good to know! The center bore wasn't an issue as well then?

Nope.

Welp, the rims arrived today... pulled them out of the box... 16x7.5 ET41.... All 5 were the wrong rims. Called the place and they looked into it, they dont have the actual rims I ordered, back to square one
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thasty07 wrote:

Welp, the rims arrived today... pulled them out of the box... 16x7.5 ET41.... All 5 were the wrong rims. Called the place and they looked into it, they dont have the actual rims I ordered, back to square one

Sorry to hear that you ended up with the wrong wheels, but 16x7.5 ET41 wheels will actually work really well with the right mounting hardware.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
RagsingStraightEdge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

205r16c whells Audi a8

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

vwfreek61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'03-'04 Mercedes CLK wheels
Front: 16x7 et 37 with 5mm spacers. Tires 215/55R16
Rear: 16x8 et 32. Tires 225/55R16

The rear center caps fit without modification. The front may fit with a cut-down grease cap.

1987 Vanagon Westy w/Subaru EJ25 and reversed 4EAT
tonloc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm currently on a plane to California to buy a stock 2wd 86 westy and can't stop mentally masturbating about all the modifications I want to do...Big brakes, suspension lift, and of course new wheels and tires. I came across these on Craigslist and am wonder if y'all know if they'll fit on my van with, for example, Gowesty's big brake kit and 215/70,16 BFGs.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pts/5117885184.html

Thanks!
FlynNasty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Will these fit my 87' Syncro? Reply with quote

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/5140001607.html

I read about 40 pages on this forum before I decided to put out the question.

Think this is a good price on some cool looking rims. The guy selling them says he had them on his 2wd van, but doesnt know if they will fit my stock syncro.

The tires are probably too big at 255, but I just want to know if I'm better off just spending the money on the go-westy set or piecing together the mercedes...

what kind of lugs will I need? Will I need spacers? longer studs in the front?

He said offset and bolt pattern is right for the van. Can anybody lead me in the right direction?
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Those wheels are not a good fit for a 2wd at all, but they will work on a Syncro. The easiest way to mount them is with a set of adapters. The offset of those wheels is very high so using a set of adapters allows you to avoid super thick spacers and also prevents you from having to change the wheel studs, which is a bit tricky and expensive on a Syncro. Those particular Mercedes wheels use the same large ball seat lugs that the stock Vanagon/Syncro steel wheels use.

The real upside to those wheels is that they are miles stronger than the Mercedes replica wheels that are being sold by many Vanagon vendors as well as Tire Rack. That, and they are better looking and make your van more individualistic instead of making it look like so many others.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
ame
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: New wheels for my Doka. Reply with quote

Lowered with Koni red shocks and Weitec springs.

Front: 17x7 ET35 with 225/55 17 XL tires, no spacers.
Rear: 17x7 ET35 with 225/55 17 XL tires, 10mm spacers. Only need spacers so the centre caps fit.

Once I modify the front grease caps, I'll snap on all of the centre caps.
foreversepia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Christopher at T3technique for consulting on the proper adapter fit.

Wheels: 17x8” Audi A4 2009-2012 10-Spoke, 47mm offset
Adapters: 22mm front, 36mm rear (t3technique.com)
Springs: H&R Sport Springs (PN29951)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
preach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1985 Westy, unknown age stock springs.

15x6 Porsche Phone Dials 53mm offset

23mm spacer front/28mm spacer back

215/75r15 BFG ATKo

Thank you Christopher @ T3! Great guy.
sharveymoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Factory # 65366 Merc wheels on 85 2wd Reply with quote

I wanted to fit these wheels.
Factory # 65366
17x7.5 offset 56

Onto my Vanagon. what spacers, stud length do I need. I was thinking stud conversion on the front, and press in's on the back.

I was thinking 20mm spacers front and rear. But I am not sure how long of studs I need. I would be getting studs from t3technique.

Also what size tires should I go with? I was planning, Wietec lowering springs, and Koni red shocks in the future and want to accommodate that as well.

06-07 ML/R CLASS OEM MERCEDES

Here they are with my van, with 225/50r17 tires.

TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read through lots of pages and probably more confused now. I have an 86 syncro, can someone tell me if Audi a4 B5 quattro rims fit. they are an et40 5x112 pattern. I do not have big brakes and i do not see getting them. 6j x 15 Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopBud wrote:
read through lots of pages and probably more confused now. I have an 86 syncro, can someone tell me if Audi a4 B5 quattro rims fit. they are an et40 5x112 pattern. I do not have big brakes and i do not see getting them. 6j x 15 Thanks

In order to run those wheels on a Syncro, you would need to do one of the following:

Run a set of spacers, small ball seat lug nuts and longer studs (front and rear spacers are preferable, but the rears would be optional depending on the tire size that you choose).

Modify the front hubs to allow the wheel to sit flush with the hub. Tire size would be limited, especially on the rear. You would also need a set of small ball seat lug nuts.

Exactly the same as above, except you could modify the wheels instead of the hubs by having the center bore of the wheels machined to 66.56mm.

You will get the best fitment out of those wheels by using a set of spacers, studs and lug nuts. It's the most difficult and most expensive route, but it will give you the best results.

TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris, I am already running a 16 inch wheel and have no fitment issues, I saw these wheels on CL for $100 for 4, I was going to get them, but it sounds like too much work for me, so I will continue running the 16's. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimeg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone running these? Got pic's with tires mounted and wheels installed? Going on a Syncro.

8" wide all four. ET30.

Here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=578490
Dub Misfits
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at a set of Wald Duchatelet wheels. They are 5x112 19x8.5/9.5 ET38. Any chance these will fit ok? I've searched and see some 19s being run on here but didn't see any 8.5 fronts except for 18s. I'm sure some spacers are in order. Looks like they run some crazy stuff in Europe....google.de is fun to look through!
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimeg wrote:
Anyone running these? Got pic's with tires mounted and wheels installed? Going on a Syncro.

8" wide all four. ET30.

Those wheels will require a set of small ball seat lug nuts and longer studs to used on a Syncro. Other than that, you are good to go.

Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dub Misfits wrote:
I'm looking at a set of Wald Duchatelet wheels. They are 5x112 19x8.5/9.5 ET38. Any chance these will fit ok? I've searched and see some 19s being run on here but didn't see any 8.5 fronts except for 18s. I'm sure some spacers are in order. Looks like they run some crazy stuff in Europe....google.de is fun to look through!

You could run 19x8.5 wheels on the front, but you would have to be prepared to run narrow tires to keep them within the fender wells and if your van is lowered, you would need to trim or roll the fender lips to avoid having the tires catch. For the rear, plan on installing an extended sliding door hinge. You will need spacers front and rear to position the wheels correctly. The biggest issue that I see with those wheels is that the center caps probably won't fit without modification.

Dub Misfits
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christopher Schimke wrote:
Dub Misfits wrote:

You could run 19x8.5 wheels on the front, but you would have to be prepared to run narrow tires to keep them within the fender wells and if your van is lowered, you would need to trim or roll the fender lips to avoid having the tires catch. For the rear, plan on installing an extended sliding door hinge. You will need spacers front and rear to position the wheels correctly. The biggest issue that I see with those wheels is that the center caps probably won't fit without modification.

Thanks Chris! I'm still up in the air over them but the price is really good. What size tires would work on those? I was also looking at some 17 and 18 inch wheels like the Mercedes Segin six slots.
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dub Misfits wrote:
Christopher Schimke wrote:
Dub Misfits wrote:

Thanks Chris! I'm still up in the air over them but the price is really good. What size tires would work on those? I was also looking at some 17 and 18 inch wheels like the Mercedes Segin six slots.

You would probably need run a 215/40 or 225/40 on the front and probably a 255/45 on the rear to get the sidewalls to somewhat match height and stretch wise.

If you go with 17" or 18" wide wheels, I would stay away from 8.5" versions. 8" would be the max that would fit nicely. Not that 8,.5s can't be mounted, but they just have to be pushed quite a ways outboard to make it happen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Jump to:
Page 122 of 174

Jump to: