Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Garage- barn find
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Shimmon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Garage- barn find Reply with quote

Hello from Hawaii. I am a 356 er and have owned a few in my lifetime. I currently have a 1959 D. And have had it 38 years.
My neighbor mentioned to me that while she was growing up in another neighborhood she would see this old car buried under tarps and lots of junk across the street from where she grew up. She saiid she thought it was a porsche. My ears perked up so I asked her to take a picture the next time she visited her parents. My hopes were it was a 356. Well she sent me 3 pictures today and turns out it's not a 356. Sad But it is a porsche and the owner is interested in selling. I'd send a picture but it's in my iPhone and I'm using an iPad. My question is are there a few models and or years that are exceptionally valuable.? I'm thinking of taking a look. Thanks for any input.
Rich.
jt912
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you only interested in it if it is "exceptionally valuable"? Spoken like a true enthusiast. Sounds like you haven't kept up with the current market for Porsches. In a nut shell if it was built between 1965 and 1973 it is valuable.
Richard Shimmon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jt912. You're right I haven't keep up with values of cars beyond 1965. I do have some expertise in 356's though Thus the question. I am not a car flipper but am realistic in that I prefer not to be upside down if I take on a post 1965 restoration. By the way, one of my sons is a DUCK grad and one is there now. Have a nice day

Rich
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buried under tarps and junk in Hawaii does not bode well for any pre-1976 Porsche. While remaining parts might be of value - shipping them CONUS might be cost prohibited. A 912 could supply spare engine and gauges for your 356.
Jos.Hall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard in short, any '65-73 911 or 912 is worth your time. No matter how rusty it is, someone on the other side of the world will want it. I know of at least 5 or 6 guys who will pay top dollar for even the rustiest of cars and have them shipped. With restored examples of '65s going for 300,000+ and '67s going for that much as well, even the smallest parts are extremely valuable.
Wolfgangdieter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my luck it would be a rusty 924/944/928 - not great value there.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: