Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What ever happened to my first VW? (Find my old VW)
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWTECHEDITOR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: What ever happened to my first VW? (Find my old VW) Reply with quote

Good Evening, Everyone,

Over the many years, I've often wondered what happened to my first VW and I'm thinking that I'm not the only one, judging by the occasional posting I see here.

So with that in mind, this is my tale. She was my first car and I learned a lot by working on her. I repaired her, raced her, modified her and in the end, put her back to nearly stock when family needs required a bigger vehicle. So the general facts are these:

1969 VW Beetle Sedan
VIN/Chassis: 1 1 9 4 9 9 7 7 4
Color: Originally Peru Green, resprayed to the slightly darker Delta Green
Sold: Privately through a VW Dealer salesman friend in the North Penn area of South Eastern Penna. during April, 1977

At the time, she had Ghia front disc brakes and a stock '67 H0 block engine. There are some pictures in my gallery section. If you know what became of her, drop me a line, I might be able to supply some additional info. for your files. In any case, I'm just curious.

Thanks,

Art LeBrun
vwtecheditor

PS If you are wondering about your old VW, keep this thread going. You never know what might turn up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63vbug82
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool to find the first vw i rode in my dad old 13 window bus but last time i saw it i was 10 and that was in 92 when he sold all of his bus,s and bugs
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to throw cold water on the idea, but it is likely to turn out somewhat like looking up an old high school flame after 25 years... memories tend to be more flattering than the ravages of time. Shocked Sick And both acts will arouse suspicion of several of the parties. Shhh Think :2gunfire: Boo hoo!

On the other hand, my first car was a '67 I restored that was stolen by a neighbor. I still keep the keys... should I find it, I'm driving it out of the scene and back to my garage!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found my 1st -on the side of my house under a carport.

VW, not girlfriend.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first VW was a 58 convertible.
The last time I saw it was when I towed it to a junkyard in Minnesota in 1966.
It probably is not there anymore.
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 71 Bus in Los Angeles 26 years ago and I sold it for $600, it was cherry. It had a big Sun painted on one side of it, total hippie bus done with skillful painting and if you own it please PM me because I left a zippo lighter under the driver seat and I want it back Very Happy

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
Aussiebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Cusser, I know exactly where my first VW is since I still own it, 45 years after I bought it brand new :-)
http://www.vw-resource.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: