Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jerome Jamboree XXV September 18-20, 2015
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Jerome Jamboree XXV September 18-20, 2015 Reply with quote

The Arizona Bus Club presents:
Jerome Jamboree XXV (That's #25 for all you non-Romans)
Come Celebrate our 25th Anniversary!
September 18-20, 2015 in beautiful Jerome, Arizona at 5066' elevation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome,_Arizona

That's right...Don at the Gold King Mine Ghost Town in Jerome, AZ has agreed to let us play in his front yard again this year. Come join several hundred of your closest friends and a few hundred of their awesome Type-2's on the edge of Cleopatra Hill with the mountains of Sedona as our backdrop. In addition to live (and sometimes dead) music, slow drags, cornhole competition, chili cook off, kids build a bus from a box, raffle prizes, the worlds largest VW bus "Walter" & his oversized friends...you get a chance to win this years raffle bus for only $.50.

Every year the ABC restores and raffles off a pre-67 split window bus and this year is no exception. We have begun working on this years bus and boy is it a beauty...a 1959 Panel bus. Feeling energetic and want to help work on what could be your new bus? Well visit our website for details on the work parties. http://www.azbusclub.org
JJ-XXV samba build thread:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=617297

For our 25th Anniversary we are attempting to get as many of the 22 past raffle buses together and calling it the "Raffle Bus Roundup". If you have any info or pics to contribute we would really appreciate it. RBR samba thread:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=631232

If you come to JJ-XXV expecting shade trees, barefoot grass and a babbling brook with KOA grade camping facilities...you are in for a treat because we have none of that. This fine facility is a large gravel parking lot which is mostly flat and devoid of any vegetation but there will be port-O-johns, trash cans and "Bus Burger" concessions for your convenience. Basically...if you need it, you better bring it.

Besides the nearby historic mining town of Jerome...there is a really sweet attraction within staggering distance called the Gold King Mine Ghost Town and we highly recommend you save a $5 bill out of your raffle ticket fund to tour the grounds for displays of relics from your parents, grandparents and great grandparents time from long ago...Don may even bless us with a drive by of one of his many fine vehicles from up on the hill.
http://www.goldkingmineghosttown.com

Sound like fun? You bet it is!
We hope to see you there.

www.azbusclub.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to go! How many events give away a restored split bus? Not many is my guess, and even fewer have done it each year for a quarter century! Very Happy Yea, this is the event that imo clobbers all others when it comes to cool, be there! Cool
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put in my vacation request today for Friday Sept. 18th!

Very Happy

Can't wait!
02 Audi TT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Raffle Bus #23 sold to someone in the Phoenix metro area.
It is always an enjoyable time for the attendants. Now if I could just win the Raffle Bus 25 OMG what a happy camper I would be.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be the year to win it because with the I 10 washed out, and maybe we can get the 40 shut down from the west coming into Az. I can always block the road up Mingus Mt. with dog food or something. Laughing
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMM lets see shut the I-10 down in both direction to the east of the Valley and I- 40 as well as the 17 may increase the odds. I can travel a lot of back roads aka gravel to get there.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin' forward to another great weekend up at the Gold King Mine! I'll be taking my "new" 71 Kombi this year.
M1Lover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: FNG - Jerome Event - Have Emergency Repair Spot in the VV Reply with quote

This is my first post on this website.
We have always loved watching the lines of VW's headed up to Jerome for the Jamboree. We live here now and are really looking forward to this year's event. Hope its nice and cool weather for air-cooling purposes....
Been in AZ for nearly 45 years. Tempe in the 60's and back to Flagstaff, Verde Valley and Jerome since '83. Planning on winning that awesome raffle bus, its the same year of manufacture as I am. PLEASE post an update on the restoration. You guys have done an ASTOUNDING job. Man, you guys know these buses frontwards and back. Amazing....

Participants: We have a place in old town Cottonwood (7-8 miles from the Gold King Mine), with a pretty big parking area and a well equipped shop for indoor emergency repairs if needed. We'd like to make it available to AZ Bus Club members and out-of-towners for use in an emergency. I used to tour BMW airheads and the BMW Owners Club had a list, state by state, of contacts for just such reasons. Nice to have a friend locally who can help out in a fix.
Y'all drive SAFE coming up. Looking forward to meeting you!
Hunter & Charlotte
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M1LOVER more then likely you will win as newbies do. Totally unfair, all luck.
The M1 is it for the Garand or the Tank?

72 type 1
72 Squareback
M1Lover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
M1LOVER more then likely you will win as newbies do. Totally unfair, all luck.
The M1 is it for the Garand or the Tank?

Good morning gt1953. It's for the rifle. Used to be a competitor/builder/collector. Had 14 of them once, down to the nicest 3 of them now. Thanks for asking...
I hope you're right about me winning that bus. The Buddha said: Desire is Suffering. He was right. Its killing me right about now.... H.
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been coming to the Jerome Jamboree since JJ#4. My turn to win the raffle bus! Very Happy
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see yer oldest Jerome Jamboree shirt! Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
GTV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first ever VW event was the Jerome Jamboree back in '97. I only missed two years since then, and seeing as I just moved far away, it looks like I'm going to miss a few more Sad

Have a great time everyone! I'm jealous!
rjonas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16-days until Jerome Jamboree XXV!
The raffle bus is being primed today and painted this weekend and a mad thrash to assemble the bus will commence next week.

Some overdue updates on the event particulars:

Huge caravan from Phoenix,AZ to Jerome Friday morning 9/18/15.
Meet at Home Depot parking lot I-17 & Thunderbird Rd (N.E. quadrant)
Depart at 7:30AM SHARP! Just catch up on the highway if you're late. The caravan will usually not exceed 50-mph. A short stop in Prescott Valley at a grocery store (At old Albertson's location) before climbing over Mt Mingus. Please do not pass the lead bus in the caravan and be safe!

Entry & Camping Fees: $10 per vehicle per night plus $5. Wait...what?
Show up on Thursday = $35
Show up on Friday = $25
Show up on Saturday = $15
Sunday after 11am = FREE
Walk in's are $5 per person per day for everyone over 14 years old.
Vendors are subject to the above pricing plus $5
Driving one of the past 22 Raffle Buses? Your weekend entry is FREE!
Only VW's (Any year, model or color) will be allowed into the event!
All other vehicle brands including motorcycles must park in the public lot 1/2 mile toward Jerome.

What's going on?
Raffle prizes Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (Every hour on the hour!)
Best VW's awards, Silent Auction, Vintage Fat Tire Bicycle Contest, Longest Hair Contest, Tattoo Contest, Fishbowl Raffle, Slow Drag Contest, Cornhole Competition, Chili Cookoff and some lucky winner will drive off in a restored 1959 VW Panel Bus!

www.azbusclub.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johny__utah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last minute camp upgrades on the Bus before I start packing. Weather permitting,, departing Yuma AZ Thursday evening and "urban camping" somewhere in or near Prescott. If the heat sticks around then its a Friday 4:am start from Yuma. Quick but warm 257 mile drive, have a safe trip and hope to see you all there!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we get to see Walter and Calliope this year?
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mtnbus and I will both be attending this year again. I got the week off and all my gear ready to go. I'm planning on leaving for the 378 mile adventure on Thursday morning. Now that I see I can show up on Thursday I might just drive right through to the event.

See ya there,
Rich P.
’65 Deluxe Build
Ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going for a Thursday arrival if everything goes well
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Das67bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
I'm excited to go! How many events give away a restored split bus? Not many is my guess, and even fewer have done it each year for a quarter century! Very Happy Yea, this is the event that imo clobbers all others when it comes to cool, be there! Cool

Red, when are you leaving for Jerome? We're going up from Prescott but not sure when we're leaving. Are the Air Cooleds Only guys going?

mark

COMFORTABLY NUMB!!
-Pink Floyd
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get up, come on get down with the sickness...... Cool

-Disturbed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: