Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

View the samba how it was 10 years ago.
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloku
Expert Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: View the samba how it was 10 years ago. Reply with quote

Hello all! Today I found this nifty tool where you can punch in almost any website and see how it was, lets say, 10 years ago. I tried using the samba to see how it was 10 years ago (2005) and.... not much has changed Laughing . You can also look through the ads that have long since been taken down. I saw a brand new AS41 case being sold for 300 dollars Wink . It is called "web.archive.org"

link to the feb 2005 samba - http://web.archive.org/web/20050208031426/http://www.thesamba.com/vw/
1975 BMW 2002
1976 BMW 2002 (Bored and Stroked w/ 5-Speed)
1981 BMW E21
1986 Toyota 4Runner (Dead engine and trans)
1989 Toyota 4x4 PU
1994 BMW E36 (Daily)
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that's pretty cool! Its always fun to take a stroll down memory lane! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I am loving is seeing the prices on type II's. Coulda, woulda, shoulda...
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emeraldlion wrote:
What I am loving is seeing the prices on type II's. Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

This!

Five times more expensive now.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was 04~05 when I bought my first bubble top aluminum case. down town fortwalton beach fl(nowhere) for $440. out the door,shipping and tax incluuded. and the non bubble top case was $249 as I recall. my last bubble top was $800+ and the price of aluminum has.....stayed about the same. I read the samba years before ever "sineing on the doted line" everett has done a wonder full job. but you just cant fix stupid.( no not aimed at him at all, but rather the....how shall I put it........ex...sperts ..from the dark ages....with out a clue...that eazely keep the swap meats flooded with junk nearly new parts Shocked that were just fine when they got them. Wink
It's time to come out of the caves neandertools,into the light!!! then grab your big hammer!!! .... and head back into the cave to beat the crap out of something else, to take to the swap meet.
It seems to be a never ending cycle. You can fix ugly... but you cant fix stupid. Wink then there are the cheep ass stupid ones whoo......... Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: