Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Weber IDA Float height and it's effect on Main circuit
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KROC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Weber IDA Float height and it's effect on Main circuit Reply with quote

Hi just wondering if anyone has experimented with lowering the float and what they found?

Current setp has this super rich spot for a split second under certain load conditions it's around 2500 rpm but the point at which it happens varies slightly with the amount of load. It doesnt matter which emulsion tubes I use, F2 F4 F7 all do it some just worse than others.. Tried small air jet combinations and big. still there.

Currently
42 Vents
110/60 Idle
F4 with 150 Main 165 Air ( had a 185 Air before )

I have checked float height with my weber tools and its spot on,
Was thinking of lowering the float height to try to delay the transition point ( if that works )

Anyone have experience they can share on this?

Cheers
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber IDA Float height and it's effect on Main circuit Reply with quote

lowering the fuel level will do it.

So will increasing the size of the bleed holes in the E-tube. Those are the top 2 holes in each E-tube, they send air to the aux vent before the mains kick in.

The bleed holes are above the fuel level at all times.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much agree with john .also the fuel specific gravity alters the float setting. and with the fuel changing these days whoo knows what is the "right level" so in the end make a call to china to talk with whoo rong foo see if he knows the cuerrent seating at the restaurant/ movie theater featuring chong wang as the cwazeest crabboy of the fareast on a tuna boat twying to tune it up to get a load of bananana's for mongo's sup-prize... ...or give a shot at lowering the level.it will alter the "pick up time" of the fuel. ( some call it "tip in" I call it pick up,but it does both.)
I think david vizzard has a good book on altering emulsion tubes & how to get what you think you want. he's got a lot of good stuff out.and like most it isant all in one book Shocked he does like to spread the wealth.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber IDA Float height and it's effect on Main circuit Reply with quote

KROC wrote:
conditions it's around 2500 rpm but the point at which it happens varies slightly with the amount of load. It doesnt matter which emulsion tubes I use, F2 F4 F7 all do it some just worse than others..

Anyone have experience they can share on this?

Cheers

Rich spot, under load, 2500 rpm
Sounds exactly like exhaust reversion. Try a different header and see what happens. It may not be, but you haven't given any clues otherwise.
KROC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks doods, I will give it a shot at lowering the level and see how she goes...

Glen its your standard issue 1 -3/4 A1 Low Down with a single Muff.

Cheers
Doug Berg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren,,,any chance it's the squirter's??? are you pedaling it when it happen's??? Doug...
KROC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this morning I popped the carb tops off and installed a 1.0 mm copper washer under the needle and seat.
well it made a significant inprovment. Rolling up a hill in 3rd, lugging it from 2000 rpm upwards, to about 4500 rpm it never went richer than 12:1.
I tried everything to get it to swing rich like before and couldnt do it.
I would never have thought a .040" change would help,that much.

Next up is tweaking the higher RPM area with these F4 tubes. So far I am liking the way they behave.

Thanks again Gents!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: