Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1949 Hebmüller - taken 88 Mountain States Motors!
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: 1949 Hebmüller - taken 88 Mountain States Motors! Reply with quote

To find out where the car is now, and on request on ROME's post in another thread. I opened this new thread.

Rome wrote: in '88 I visited a good friend in the Denver area who was the area sales field person for VWoA at the time. We went to a VW dealer in the Denver area owned by a man named Mike. He had a wonderful black with beige-top '49 Heb in a side showroom, with chromed Porsche 356 wheels and several original EMPI gauges installed in the dash/left glove box lid.
It was in Mountain States Motors!

Now the question is: Where is the car now and what heb is?
With KDF38 and Steve Dressler we think it is heb 309, now in hands of Bill Goepper but it does not like the same. .. Almost but different as the Heb that was for sale at the BLACKHAWK COLLECTION

Here are the picts from ROME
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks for all the help so far Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Peter!

Mr. Hacksaw-Bob's list below, which is from this thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...p;start=20 is quite a coincidence in that it was compiled in the same year where I took the above photos of the black Heb. The car's owner is listed as "McConnell", which is indeed the same person I met at the Mountain States Motors dealer. I'm nearly positive that I did not take any photos of the Heb's engine at that visit Embarassed . The information poster in front of the car in the 2nd-last photo lists the car as a '49 (period license plate could be another definitive detail as to the model year) though Bob's list has it as a 1950. In my original photo, the info poster's "owner" lists the name McConnell, but I whited it out before I knew that Bob's list already contained the name.

Say, could the body be on a much later chassis, like a '58- on? Flat gas pedal, curved shift handle, and the "hump" in the emergency brake boot which indicates the two cables for actuation? Angled-down exhaust pipes to clear the rear apron? Having already done an early body to later chassis a few years before on my Ghia cabrio, I'd certainly have remembered such a detail from Mike McConnell's conversation with me at the time.
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

In regards to the photo-document (above) that I posted on the site from the HEBMULLER REGISTRY 1988 OWNERS AND INFORMATION.

I would like to correct the document for future reference but still have it reflect the 1988 time frame.

Perhaps you can look at the document and suggest changes or corrections for the 14-00XXX number and the VW Serial # that I originally listed.

I think that the owners name of the Hebmuller is generally correct for 1988.

Please Advise.

Thanks . . BoB

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob, I will see what I can do. I am actualy renewing my personal list to put it up to date as much as possible.

The registry on Claus his site will be updated also as some mistakes got in with the identification of Ken Swan's heb as 423 in stead of 401. There is some work in volved.

My list contains also your old list, Steve woods list and G von Schwarz list in one excel file. It is however to big to put it on a forum. Some of the cars in your list stay like they are in 88... like the black one above. No further trace on it.
I must say, someone should remember where this car went? It has a right sided glove box closed for a radio... that is a clue.

Greetings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
redwagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that car! I grew up in that neighborhood and my dad and I would ride our bicycles by mountain states motors and look in the window at it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: