Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

-67 Squareback
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, found this thread at page 148... Well its time to get this car back home again. I sold her in early 2011 to Bergen, and then she moved to Trondheim in 2012. She has been taken good care of, and even got new fresh paint. I have never stopped thinking about her, and its going to be so nice to get her back home. I have to drive about 2000 km before I am home again so wish me luck 😁

Click to view image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is what she looks like today. Putting her together one more time 😊

The headliner is the biggest challenge I guess, that I have never done before...

Click to view image
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorSquare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky Guy!
61 Renault Dauphine Light brown
62 Type 2 Crewcab pickup Army Green
72 1600 Squareback L95b
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2000 km are done and I am glad to be home. Very satisfied with the car, as I have started tomount her together.
Had to try the BBS wheels from the GL just to know if 7'5 and 8'5 x16 will fit... What do you think?

Click to view image
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the gold BBS wheels, they look great! I'm shocked that 8.5" would fit, even with short axles! Thats good news! Could you snap pic from the rear, down low? I'd like to see how they look from that angle.
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was surprised to, but I havent driven yet. Will post picture and I think its awesome with 225 tyres. It is a problem in front but I think I will adjust the camber and maybe lift it up a little bit.

Click to view image
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: BBS Reply with quote

Some pics...

Click to view image
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the parts mounted, yesterday I started with the headliner.

Click to view image
W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that headliner needs to be tighter front to back if that is glued.
and you should start in the middle of the side windows to get it stretched square and glued tight front to back and side to side, then work to the corners 6" at a time evenly on both sides.

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for tip, this was at first just to try, I think only the rear part was glued, and I moved about 20-30 cm forward both sides. I am satisfied with the result, not perfect, but ok.

Click to view image
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, "A Certified Type 3 and Karmann Ghia Maniac"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

endresta wrote:
The autumn comes early in norway so its time to polish the rest of the wheels. The two 7x15" I did this winter and here are a pic of one polished and one only blasted. Its amazing what water and paper and some secret stuff can do.......
I do not have a pic of the 6x15" but I think everybody knows what they look like Surprised

Excellent job,m buddy. But in my experience, polishing Fuchs wheels will no last a long time and it will turn dull overtime. But, once it is polished, I liked the gloss effect compared to the chromed wheels. Although, the latter procedure is far better than the former. Nice job, buddy!
'67 Splitty Bus
'65 beetle;'69 Country Buggy; '44 Kubelwagen (replica) TOOB MEMBER #20
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONGKG wrote:
endresta wrote:
The autumn comes early in norway so its time to polish the rest of the wheels. The two 7x15" I did this winter and here are a pic of one polished and one only blasted. Its amazing what water and paper and some secret stuff can do.......
I do not have a pic of the 6x15" but I think everybody knows what they look like Surprised

Excellent job,m buddy. But in my experience, polishing Fuchs wheels will no last a long time and it will turn dull overtime. But, once it is polished, I liked the gloss effect compared to the chromed wheels. Although, the latter procedure is far better than the former. Nice job, buddy!

Thanks, I agree that the wheels will get dull, therefore I polish maybe 3-4 times from may to october... Laughing

Click to view image
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: -67 Squareback Reply with quote

May 1 meeting

Click to view image
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: -67 Squareback Reply with quote

Looking at a new set of 16" fuchs. The 6" in front are in the garage, now I only need the 7"....

Click to view image
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: -67 Squareback Reply with quote

Trying 8x15. Fits perfect Smile
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mn2kzmwuz2t7n0/Bilde%2018.01.2017%2C%2019.03.37.jpg?dl=0

Click to view image
69Squares
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: BBS Reply with quote

endresta wrote:
Some pics...

Are you running adapters for the BBS wheels? if so, what size?

I love how they look! Very Happy
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: -67 Squareback Reply with quote

No adapters, short axle and redrilled at the rear and new discs in front . All 5/130. Fenders are a little bit massaged, runs perfect 😊

Click to view image
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: -67 Squareback Reply with quote

Long time since I have been posting here. Here a picture I took a couple of years ago Smile

Click to view image
endresta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: -67 Squareback Reply with quote

Took a trip with the BBS here one day

Click to view image
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: