Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

bobalong - [email protected] - Robert Long
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: bobalong
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: January 03, 2016
george4888 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: bobalong - [email protected] - Robert Long Reply with quote

Do not buy anything from this man unless you can actually go to his home and see what he is selling. He advertised a 1958 Porsche Speedster Replica kit car on the samba web site. Ad reads that car is "clean, unmolested, comes with 99% of parts needed to complete, with Porsche gauges, 4 wheel disc brakes, complete 1641cc engine". I talked with Mr. Long and he said the same things as the ad indicted telling me the engine was rebuilt but had not been started. He sent me two used Weber carb, no linkage, no intakes, no air filters. I bought this car and had it delivered to my home on Aug.1. Car has cracks in the fiberglass, molested , missing 40% of the needed parts, has an old short block , only 1/2 complete with bad heads, no complete engine and brakes are frozen, off the chassis and rusted rotors. Tires are dry rotted, chrome wheels rusted so bad, he painted one of them and missing the Porsche gauges. Car is NOT as he advertised and I am very unaccepting of this and want my money refunded. I will be out $3500 in freight for what seems to be a pile of junk parts in a molested unfinished body, not bolted to the floor pan with title, not in Mr. Long's name. Alleged he has misrepresented everything about this car. Beware of buying anything from this person, who lives in Fairfield, Ct.
www.bayareavwclub.com
1969 Beetle, 2007cc engine

"Life is hard, but it's harder when you are stupid."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobalong
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Speedster Texas response Reply with quote

I am the seller of this speedster replica. I am in the process of remedying this misunderstanding/misinterpretation and sending additional parts agreed to by the buyer.
dlc_b0z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: bobalong - [email protected] - Robert Long Reply with quote

george4888 wrote:
Do not buy anything from this man unless you can actually go to his home and see what he is selling.

I'm going to echo this feedback on the 57 I bought. I understand it's a buyer beware environment and I should have asked for more pics but the car described in the ad and over the phone (to myself and a friend who called on it) is not the car that arrived today. The rust is severely worse than described but I'll stick to what was in the ad..

"partial heater channel repair" - if by partial he meant 75% of both channels, then yes..

"original paint and interior" - The interior appears to be TMI and not even done correctly. The seat covers were put on over already existing, crappy covers. Bob also claimed there were no rips. The rear seat has multiple rips, the driver door panel is ripped across the entire bottom, and the passenger panel was also damaged because he threw the engine in the passenger side with no regard to the interior.

"Comes with bumpers." - The bumpers did not come with the car. The transport driver said Bod decided they were too rusty and bent and "not worth it"..The choice should have been mine

The car was shipped with the fenders barely attached. The passenger rear fender fell off during transport and was luckily saved by the driver.

As in the above case, the title was not in his name either.

This is all I've found with a preliminary inspection of the car but I'm sure more is to follow. Do not buy from this guy unless you see the car in person or get pics of every inch of it; he will misrepresent it.

[edit] oh yeah, he also failed to send the keys with the car
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Bobolong seller @ [email protected] Reply with quote

Robert phoned me and said the missing parts were on their way to me, and reading his comment in this forum, expected what he promised he would send me. Just some of the missing parts needed were the Porsche gauges, the entire brake system, 3/4 of what should be a complete 1641cc engine, the missing intakes, air cleaners and linkage for the 40mm Weber carbs ( did receive the two carbs) and promised tail lights. I told him to forget the engine parts as I would be waiting on them until I died. I told him to not worry about the condition of the transmission and it's condition is still unknown. I told him to not worry about the $600 value of missing four wheel disc brake parts, so really made it easy for him to be honest and send some of the advertised parts he owned me. Yesterday, received rusted terrible looking tail lights, old two inch air cleaners and actually a NEW back up light assembly and license plate light fixture. That one item looked nice. But, still no Porsche gauges he promised in the ad. But, maybe, he will send them later on ? The Porsche gauges have a value to me of about $900 and if you buy them USED off the Internet, that is what they sell for. The missing engine parts , for someone other than me, being a VW engine builder, would be valued at $3000, minimum. I am buying the intakes for the Webers and that will cost me $110 for EMPI brand. The better three inch tall air cleaners will cost me $70/pr. The brake parts, I had to buy ( advertised four wheel disc brakes) cost me $600 and that was with cheap parts, no rear disc brake set up which was to come with the car chassis. I am out thousands of dollars of money because I thought I could trust his ad and what he was selling to come closer to statements in the ad. Also, he said the same things about the collection of parts, to me via phone calls, repeating what the ad stated. None of his phone statements were true. So, hope to see the $900 worth of Porsche gauges, as Bob ( Robert Long) told me he is not refunding any of my money. But, that was on the phone and maybe, that statement was not true ? Is this possible ???
www.bayareavwclub.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dirtylawnchair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: bobalong - [email protected] - Robert Long Reply with quote

dlc_b0z wrote:
george4888 wrote:
Do not buy anything from this man unless you can actually go to his home and see what he is selling.

(to myself and a friend who called on it)

I am the friend who spoke to Bob (Robert Long) at length on the phone. After seeing the 57 in person I am not happy. The car is NOT as described.

This guy should be banned immediately. I hate to say that because Bob was actually a nice guy to talk to...but I guess all scam artists are. Rolling Eyes

I have been into VWs (driving, buying, selling etc) since the early 90's and have never been deceived like this before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dlc_b0z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where ya at Bob? You've logged in every day yet no response to anything said here? I'm over our deal; I'll fix the car and move on but sounds like you really fucked over George. I would think an honest man would want to clear his name.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Robert Long , Seller Reply with quote

Please watch the use of words on this web site. Not needed ! Robert did send me a new license / reverse light part, two old Porsche tail lights and two air cleaners and he said, 914 gauges are on their way. This does not make up what was promised in his samba ad, but it's a small step in the right direction. Hopefully, we all learned something valuable from this experience. I know, I did.
www.bayareavwclub.com

Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Bobalong aka Robert Long Reply with quote

Okay, it's been more than three weeks since Robert Long told me via email and on the phone he had bought the 914 Porsche gauge set and were sending the parts to me. I have not received them or any tracking numbers or no word from Mr. Long. The ad he ran, stated 356 Porsche Gauges. I agreed to accept good condition 914 Porsche gauge set. Used, the 356 gauges sell for about $900. Rebuilt and used, the 914 gauges sell for about $400. Still no gauges, as the ad promised or as I said I would accept.

I strongly advise everyone to not buy from this seller. The items which were left off the replica ( ad stated 99% complete) add up to over $4000. The parts collection ( not a car) he send me is far from what was advertised on the samba web site. The body has huge holes in it I have to fiberglass, due to someone tying to put in a roll bar, many cracks and dings and chips in the fiberglass in many places. The ad read " unmolested body".

Little , if any of his words about the collection of parts he had for sale, was true and honest. I took many pictures of exactly what Long sent me on the day it arrived and if anyone is interested I can email you copies , showing just how badly the parts looked, the incomplete engine sitting on the floor pan and the holes in the body. My email address is: [email protected]
www.bayareavwclub.com

kennyraichert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great seller, Recent purchase of a rare engine and wheels. Quick shipping and he even went out of his way to ship a few items express to have them ready. He actually drove 100 plus miles to help me install parts on my car I bought from him. HIghly Recommended seller.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Robert Long AKA Bobalong Reply with quote

Mr. Long still owes me between $3000 and $4000 for the market value of the parts he advertised he was selling me, but never shipped them to me. I cannot believe he would suddenly find Jesus or some religion to change his ways from the past sales, when he advertised one thing , but sold another , less valuable item to many others.

Robert, still waiting on the $900 value in 356 Porsche gauges you advertised and I paid for, or the $400 in 914 Gauges, I said I was willing to accept. Also, never received 3/4 of the "complete" VW engine, he advertised, no dual carb intakes, no linkage, missing brake parts, etc. etc. The "unmolested " kit car body had many cracks, damage to edges and major cut out holes in the body. Advertised as "unmolested". Advertised at 99% complete to allow some buyer to finish off the project. Also, the "clear" title Long said went with the car was signed on the back by the lien holder, making the transfer of title more difficult. Nothing much, Long told me in writing, in our signed contract or on the phone was followed by Long.

If he suddenly found something good to do for one person, that is indeed a miracle and I am writing to the Pope to let him bless Robert Long for his latest "good" deeds.

I wonder what the RARE engine was ? Buyer did not offer much in the way of details. Probably a friend or relative of Bob's ? I am not his relative or friend. ----George K. ----
www.bayareavwclub.com

dlc_b0z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennyraichert wrote:
Great seller, Recent purchase of a rare engine and wheels. Quick shipping and he even went out of his way to ship a few items express to have them ready. He actually drove 100 plus miles to help me install parts on my car I bought from him. HIghly Recommended seller.

Wow, Bob wouldn't even wait an extra 30 minutes for the transport to pick up my car..but hey, guy with 2 posts in 8 years has nothing but good things to say about his vague transaction of a "rare" motor. Also curious as to him driving 100 plus miles to help you when you're listed as being in LA and he's in CT. That's a big plus after the 100.
rbm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: bobalong - [email protected] - Robert Long Reply with quote

Bob Long recently purchased a 911 tub from me. I was a little worried because of the two negative feedbacks I read on this site but he paid in full and communicated with me during the entire process including today where he sent photos of what he has already done to the car and his future plans. Hopefully we will do more business in the future.
Thanks Bob.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: bobalong - [email protected] - Robert Long Reply with quote

I am sure, if you received the money from Robert Long, that transaction went okay for you. Now, the buyer of the 911 you sold to him will more than likely not have the good experience you had as it seems like Bob ( Robert) buys then never makes good on what he sells to others.

So, you bought into his false words telling you about how much he will do to rework the car, but I doubt anything he told you will actually happen.

Lucky you, you were on the good side of Bob, selling him a car he can perhaps make money of it. Legal actions are pending with various government agencies. It's just a matter of time when this nonsense by Mr. Long will come to a stop. You have only added to his alleged rip off of others. But, good for you, like I said, you were on the selling end to help Mr. Long out.

He is under investigation by the U.S. government for mail fraud and by the Attorney General's office in CT. and these are facts, so it is my hope someone stops his questionable dishonesty when it comes to selling cars.

I did not want to let the cat out of the bag about the ongoing legal investigations, but it's in the works. The government moves very slow but I will not stop following up with the various agencies, until Mr. Long is stopped.

He still owes me at least $4000 in parts not sent to me, promised to me in his contract with me and by phone and based on his advertisement on the samba. I hope this site will block his future ads to protect it's viewers.

I am sure, IF Mr. Long paid me the $4000 or sent me the missing parts I could then say something nice about him, but for now, the adventure continues. As long as I am alive I will do my best to resolve what he did to me and others. You can made your own decisions about this person, but selling to him only helps him to continue the possible and alleged misrepresentation he does with regard to his sales. You know, there must be a good reason he is NOT a member of the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce, yet he has an office in the same building they are located in. Perhaps, he does not want to be associated with those legit business people who belong to the Chamber ? Just perhaps ? He told me he keeps to himself and is not very socially outgoing . I can believe that statement.

Maybe, the statement about the various agencies looking into this mater shows I am not just talking trash, but this is a serious matter which needs action on and the man needs to be stopped on his alleged activities.

---Have a wonderful and safe 2016 New Year ! ---
www.bayareavwclub.com

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: bobalong - [email protected] - Robert Long Reply with quote

He is banned until your complaint is resolved.

I emailed him about this as well.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fast_e_man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: bobalong - [email protected] - Robert Long Reply with quote

I recently bought a Porsche 911 MFI system from Bob. All the interaction I had with Bob was positive. He was quick to respond to my initial inquiry, and sent me additional pics via txt messages while we were talking. That interaction helped alleviate my concerns that arose from some of Bob's recent feedback.

Shipping took a while, and largely attributed to the Christmas mailing surge. Bob packed the parts well, and everything came through FEDEX fine. My purchase involved rare and expensive hardware, and Bob did right by me.

I would do business with Bob again, Ed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: bobalong - [email protected] - Robert Long Reply with quote

Six months later, still waiting on the promised and paid for rest of the "complete" 1641cc engine Bob said he was including with the purchase of the Porsche Speedster Replica. Still waiting on the 914 Gauge set he promised he would send me. Still waiting on the missing brake parts.
The "complete" engine was only a short block which when inspected, 3/4 of those parts were tossed into the trash can as scrap metal. That is what he called a "complete" engine.

He is not a member of the Fairfield Ct. Chamber of Commerce and while he has his own business, one should wonder why he does not want to be listed with the Chamber. He works full time doing Family Counseling and Marriage
Counseling and that seems to contradict with his need to sell cars and parts.

Legal actions are in motion and pending their outcome with regard to the fraud and/or misrepresentation by Bob ( Robert Long).

A mail fraud complaint has been accepted and is being investigated by the US Government. Fraud and Misrepresentation is being investigated by the Attorney General's office in CT. These investigations are under way.

I still suggest one be careful if they buy anything from this person. A refund of $4000 of my money would stop any actions by myself and stop any legal actions.
www.bayareavwclub.com

Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: bobalong - [email protected] - Robert Long Reply with quote

An investigation by the Attorney General of CT. is underway. Please, if you have ever bought any car parts, could be VW or any other car parts for other brands and/or bought a VW or other brand of car from Robert Long, I need your name, address and phone number to add to the list of those whom feel they did not receive from Long, what he advertised. Be it only parts or complete cars I need to know how many people in the past year have felt he did an alleged fraud or misrepresentation on either parts he had for sale on any web site, not only on this web site so the AG can determine if he is following the laws of CT. Thank you for your feedback. You can send private emails to me at: [email protected] or use the PM message system on this web site.

---George Karacostas---
www.bayareavwclub.com

Syncro_91
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: bobalong - [email protected] - Robert Long Reply with quote

George,
I will be in touch via Private Message.
I too bought a vehicle from Dr. Robert Long and it was not as advertised. (to say the least)
The 1991 Syncro I purchased for $9500. arrived with the worst rust condition my mechanic has ever seen. It was covered with a black covering to conceal.
The breaks that "needed to be bled" were rusted solid.
The Air conditioner that "needed to be hooked up" was non existent, as someone pulled all the air conditioning vents out of the ceiling.
The car was not operable or in the condition advertised or discussed in emails and by phone.
It also arrived with no title.
The paperwork that did arrive were from a 3rd party that I am unable to contact.
I tried to return the car to no avail.
I have photos that have documented everything,
I will be in touch in a PM,
BUYER BEWARE
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: