Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rich Craig - rcraigbug - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: rcraigbug
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 17, 2024
tstracy39
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Rich Craig - rcraigbug - [email protected] Reply with quote

Rich is the man. Very generous and mechanically savvy buyer, would sell to again. All business was conducted via PM and postal mail, so unfortunately I don't have an email to add in this particular case.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=tstracy39

EverettB wrote:
I like your fork.
Lahti35
Samba Member

Location: Always the wrong side of the drawbridge in Bay City, MI.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a '62 sedan from this seller in CA had it shipped to MI and was disappointed, the car did not meet the the sellers description. Several e-mails and phone conversations to discuss the bug had me thinking i was getting a bug that just needed a "tune up" (the sellers actual terms from the ad). When questioned on this, as I take that term as needing a engine rebuild, he said nope it runs good just needs new axle boots, distributor wires, a rotor and cap. I was perfectly clear that I did not want to get into a restoration and wanted something to drive around. 4 months later it hasn't moved from my backyard.

Turns out it did need an engine rebuild and endplay was easily out of spec just by tugging on the pulley. It had 5 quarts of thinned oil in the crankcase. 1/2 of all lights were non working, and it had been in at least one accident and on fire, not to mention the bondo work. I spotted these issues as a VW novice with little trouble. It was basically an unsafe vehicle. I expected to put a little work into it but we've gone far above and beyond that just to make it safe.

All e-mails sent reguarding the bug have gone without reply. He talked a good game on the phone but the truth was far less glamorous. My big mistake was not going to see the car in person but a trip from MI to CA wasn't in the budget for me. This was the last car i'll ever buy without a personal inspection. A personal inspection would have brought all these issues to light in short order.

Feedback left "AS IS" 9/11/2011 you've earned it. Carefull what you buy from this guy, he has no issue taking your hard-earned money and selling lesser-than goods.

1962 Gulf Blue Beetle Horror...THE MOVIE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mMp7QYEBNw

Trololo Man RIP 1935-2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I traded a sign with Rich, no problems.
BartD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold standard seats to Rich.
Great transaction, would do it agian.
McFunzeepants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Rich Craig - rcraigbug - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great transaction, timely, polite and communicative. Would do business again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Rich Craig - rcraigbug - [email protected] Reply with quote

Rich recently purchased some parts from me and it was smooth sailing.
Prompt and friendly emails, Fast payment, and a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks again Rich.

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
Big_E_Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Rich Craig - rcraigbug - [email protected] Reply with quote

Easy to deal with and good communication. Fast shipping, no drama. Thanks Rich.

1958 VW Beetle - "Max": https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
1959 VW Bus - "Hans" - Double Door Panel (sold): https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746927
2014 Porsche 991.1 Carrera S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: