Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How to repair Tiico fuel rail wiring? Buyer beware…
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: How to repair Tiico fuel rail wiring? Buyer beware… Reply with quote

Caveat emptor, indeed.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Just got this today via the big auction site: it seems these…anomalies were artfully photographed around. This will allow me to use the latest ECU from FAS on my Tiico motor.

If this came off a running car, it was running downhill with the motor off. One of the injectors has already been rewired, unless I miss my guess: the wires are the wrong color and gauge. And they're all frayed and exposed.

The injectors have been pulled so I can send them off to Mr Injector, as he comes highly recommended.

How do I crack open that plastic sleeve that houses the wiring? I can see I'll have to redo or patch most of it. They're all compromised but I don't see it as too complicated. There is no obvious (to me) way to open it: I assume it's some tabs and catches I'll have to look at but since that's how the rail is attached, I don't want to screw it up and have to replace it.

Edit: I got it open. Dang, this was in a hot place. I'm just going to cut and splice in all new wire: that stuff has been cooked.

Edit 2: Wow, the seller is a real piece of work. He thinks that's normal wear and tear and that I broke the insulation when I pulled the injectors off. He doesn't deserve the money but I don't want the hassle of returning it all after packing the injectors to be serviced. I'll let eBay handle it.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers

Last edited by Paulbeard on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If those are junior timer connectors (and I think they are) there are tools for removing the wires but also ways to do the same with stuff you already have.

I Googled but it was not strong for me today - hoping to find a video. I'm thinking I have used a jewelers screwdriver to release wires from these.
fraggle00
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pin pusher! You can also get new connectors if need be. New terminals are available from the same site.

http://eagleday.com/teextoset.html
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too worried about the the connectors, just one looks to be trouble. There will be some heat shrink employed to cover the splices…

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: