Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone have access to a people finder type account?
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Anyone have access to a people finder type account? Reply with quote

The short version of my story is basically I've been screwed over by a contractor. I'm going after him every way possible (short of a law suit, that's the last resort), BBB, insurance company, workers comp fraud, etc. He has conveniently never provided an address on any of his business cards or paperwork. I do have a home number however. Anyone have access to one of those sites that can tell you an address based on the home number? I tried to get it through people finder with their $1 first use trial but its not taking my card info.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small Claims Court is always my first response. The judges are always very fair in their rulings!
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zabasearch is pretty good for a free (basic) site
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
Small Claims Court is always my first response. The judges are always very fair in their rulings!

Hard to get blood from a stone. I have more than enough evidence against him to prove his shit work, but no way to make him pay. I've done some more digging and found out some more of his business practices that are less than legal (like workers comp fraud). At this point I just want to make life very painful/expensive (fines) for him. I gave him a chance to make it right, I was more than fair in the fact we both would have benefited... Now he's just pissed me off.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

File against him & his wife as defendants. You can seize/sell their cars etc and/or garnish their wages after you get a judgement.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.whitepages.com lets you do a reverse search. They are pretty good.
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bashr52 wrote:
Mike Fisher wrote:

Hard to get blood from a stone. I have more than enough evidence against him to prove his shit work, but no way to make him pay.

Not true. Even if he can't pay now you can financially hobble him for the rest of his life. Kind of like child support... it doesn't go away. You can even work it so they garnish every paycheck he has until the balance is zero.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone in your position is in a similar situation in my area. Last weekend, early Saturday morning, they plastered every car in a two block radius around the contractors house with a four page flyer explaining how this guy screwed him. Around 10 am I saw a woman (contractors wife??) walking up the street pulling them off of the cars that they were still on.

Neighborhood shaming.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but if a $1 trial on an unsuccessful search site is a hassle- you are not going to get far with a proper retaliation. It will take effort and money. I don't know where the "J.C." is, but around here, it is hard to ignore a local news crew "truth squad" at your doorstep. They all have them now- even in the Hills.

Why don't you visit the local lumberyard (or wherever he gets his supplies)? Check the cork board for others using him or his phone number. You don't say what line of work he is in- so we don't know who his suppliers are- but he works with someone.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
MattPierce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't trust those people finder websites. The trial versions of them seem pretty crappy to me, so I've never given them any money.

Does your state have a website where you look up property tax information online? For example, Texas and Florida use TaxNetUSA.

If you want, PM me location, his name, number, name of company and anything else you know about him. I will super creep the interwebs for ya.
tncsparky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a contracting license number for him? Go after the bonding for his license. File a complaint with the State license board

scotth17
I think you are just waiting around for a high-five from a unicorn so you can feel better about yourself
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Unlicensed contractor ? Reply with quote

tncsparky wrote:
Do you have a contracting license number for him? Go after the bonding for his license. File a complaint with the State license board

My guess is the OP contracted with an unlicensed contractor ... Idea
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Yelp Reply with quote

I always tell my old friend to use "yelp" where we live to check before getting the work done and make sure that their Contractors license is
valid.

Here in the bay area it is really important to get 3 estimates for any job
over $1.k

my friend needed a "re-pipe" from the water meter to the house and received 3 bids from $4700.00 down to $1800.00 for the same job with permits. All of those were Copper lines.

Spend the X-TRA time and check them out 1st. before hiring.

California requires quite a lot but, it's worthwhile........
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
Bashr52 wrote:
Mike Fisher wrote:

Hard to get blood from a stone. I have more than enough evidence against him to prove his shit work, but no way to make him pay.

Not true. Even if he can't pay now you can financially hobble him for the rest of his life. Kind of like child support... it doesn't go away. You can even work it so they garnish every paycheck he has until the balance is zero.

Damn! I'm scared of you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: