Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I'm so tired of Supersamba automatic emails...
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
howardvw Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: I'm so tired of Supersamba automatic emails... Reply with quote

Moderator note:
Several email programs, usually on phones, do not reply to email messages from the site correctly.
These Apps/Programs reply to the [email protected] email address instead of the correct email address.
The supersamba email is only used to send out emails from the site.
The email sent from the site also has a "Reply To" email address, which is the correct email to use.

There may be a setting you can change with the phone to use the "Reply To" email header so it works correctly in the future, or use "Reply All" instead of "Reply".

Several members have reported that the default Yahoo Mail Phone App and the Windows 10 Mail App (and maybe others) cannot be adjusted at this time. They chose to install an alternate App for mail that works correctly.

One member suggested this alternative App:
K-9 Mail - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9&hl=en

Original post is below
==============

I just got an android smart phone.
im using the yahoo mail app.
in the app it does not show the persons email address when I hit reply only super samba, even if I hit reply to all.

so I go to opera browser and reply that way. but I wont always do that because I cant remember all the time that this happens and want to reply faster and easier using the yahoo app.

so I assume samba likes to log all, and wont change...
and
I assume yahoo wont change no matter how we tell them about this issue.
so that means I have to change.

so any yahoo app users out there with a solution??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the solution but I would contact Yahoo about this.

They are not using the "Reply To" email header, which has the correct email. This is wrong and is a bug in their program.

Reply to All doesn't work for you either?
The msg should not get sent to the correct person if you reply to all and it goes to both supersamba and the other person. I don't know if Yahoo does this correctly.

I wish I could just make the "from" address the person's real email but I am guessing yahoo would block those altogether.
You can't have a email from "[email protected]" come from thesamba.com - most places block that as spam/invalid because the "from" must match where the email actually came from.

If anyone has any technical information in this area for something I can do, I can modify the site.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
howardvw Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, heres my stats, yahoo mail app, with android on a Samsung.
can someone with a msn app on a Samsung try it ?
and an iphone yahoo app try it..? yahoo or msn email or something.
just wondering.

im not sure when you got rid of the cc, but how about bringing it back?
example- 04 email, on my compu and phone the cc was used in july 04. where the cc and from both have the same address. the contacters email.
but I also see some in 04 where the samba was the from and the contacter is in cc.

how about making super the cc and the contacter gets the from?
was this a spam issue years ago?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cc is up to the user who emails.
They can select to send themselves a cc or not.

Quote:
how about making super the cc and the contacter gets the from?

Supersamba doesn't need a copy but the email has to come From the site, from an email that ends in thesamba.com or some places will block it.

Quote:
was this a spam issue years ago?

Yes, a few people were not getting any emails from the site because many providers don't allow emails to be "From" one domain but come from another domain.

So you can't have an email that says "From" [email protected] but actually comes from thesamba.com according to everything else in the email headers (all the data hidden to most users).

The true problem is that the Yahoo Mail App is not using the "Reply To" header that is in the email - this tells your email program the "real" address is a proper way. Not using this is a bug in their program and should be reported and fixed by Yahoo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get emails from Paypal about a payment, do those works for you in the Yahoo App?

They do the same sort of thing.
Example:
Reply-To: [email protected]
howardvw Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok correction sort of..
its actually the first and only email that I get when someone contacts me about buying a part.

so every other email from the same person im emailing with I can hit reply and itll go to his actual email. so just the first initial from super samba I cannot reply to.
so I go to opera first then go back to yahoo app for only future replys.

yours is the only site i use that has a "front" email address though(I use the term front because I don't know the actual tech term). i don't really use other sites socially so i have no idea if someone else contacts me out of the samba world.

if I get an email from [email protected] and I hit reply it goes back to [email protected] it does not show the payers email in the headers
only the message below will show that. im pretty sure if I reply back ill get the same auto reply thing the super samba has.
but when i hit reply on compu the payers email does pop into the reply to box.

we need another using the yahoo app? because if im the only one ide say its my specific setting on my phone.?

again, samsung, android, yahoo mail app, contact thru an ad.
test by- someone replying to the ad, then you hit reply in the app from the first email you get and see what the actual email address is?
if you are using the yahoo app android etc... send me a link to your ad? anyone, ill try it out.
and if you don't have an android, try it out on iphone, ide still be interested.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

howardvw wrote:
if I get an email from [email protected] and I hit reply it goes back to [email protected] it does not show the payers email in the headers
only the message below will show that. im pretty sure if I reply back ill get the same auto reply thing the super samba has.

Yes, you will, I have done that by accident a few times on other emails they send where there is no "Reply-To" address.
howardvw Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a smart phone? if so ill reply to one of your ads and see what happens?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Android but I do not use it for email.
ricekooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue a few years back with my HTC android. What a pain in the ass... I downloaded K9 mail from the Google Store and all was well. Try that.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone recently complained about this to me again.

As a reminder, Yahoo and some other phone Apps and some web-based email programs do not correctly respond to classifieds emails from the site.

The site sends out classifieds emails using the [email protected] email address but uses a "ReplyTo" email header that tells your email App or program to reply to the right person, instead of supersamba, when you hit Reply.

Some of them don't work correctly and ignore this "ReplyTo" email header instruction so people end up accidentally emailing the site instead.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to get the Yahoo (or other) email Apps to work correctly with the site so that they recognize the "ReplyTo" header, let me know.
Or if you want to complain to Yahoo, please do that.

If "Reply To All" works, let me know that too.
I tell people to try to use "Reply To All" instead but I don't know if this works for everyone.

I will suggest this member use the K-9 Mail App mentioned above.
K-9 Mail Link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9&hl=en
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

If anyone has any suggestions for how to get the Yahoo (or other) email Apps to work correctly with the site so that they recognize the "ReplyTo" header, let me know.
Or if you want to complain to Yahoo, please do that.

If "Reply To All" works, let me know that too.
I tell people to try to use "Reply To All" instead but I don't know if this works for everyone.

I had this problem with the Yahoo mail program for android. It was irritating. I downloaded a generic mail program (I can't recall which one, there are a ton to choose from) and it corrected the issue.

I got an iPhone about 18 months ago and have not experienced this issue with their default mail program.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: