Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 66...
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2BUCK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FullFender wrote:
Did you ONLY expect your car to be positively viewed??? When you post about your car of course there will be people who view it a different way then you, whether that be good or bad it will always happen.

okay, now i understand what the deal is here. folks, here we have a prime example of whats wrong with the youth of today. full fender here is 13 years old ( no, seriously, thirteen ) he knows jack shit about fuckall & is calling out people probably older than his parents on how things should be done.... wtf? a kid loving old cars is great! that in itself makes me happy. but being a smartass to folks much older than you isnt gonna cut it kid. ive bought, built & sold more hot rods & classics in the past 5 years than you most likely saw at your last car show. love them or hate them, theyre all going to be different & not everyone has the same taste in cars, paint , wheels or interior. now go work on your car, quit being a little prick & go tell your mom & dad youre pissing off old men on the computer.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ignore all the negative stuff. What others haven't learned yet is that if you don't like something, don't respond because it doesn't help, it only hurts. if you like it, great....

There's plenty of stuff out there that I don't care for but I just keep my hands off the keyboard. I'm sure others feel the same way about some of my tastes.

Oh well.....to each his own.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Little Nettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only new to this forum as of today...
I love the diversity of all the VWs here and think it shows how unique and individual we are.
I love your bug, it's your version of this classic beauty and would reflect your personality, and that's what owning a VW is all about.
My bug displays my personality, and I love driving her. If my husband was to own it, he would change a few things, lol.... But all in all our cars are apart of us, and that's what is special about owning a bug and making it ours Smile
cide1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal opinion on patina is that I'm in the fence...but I have a lot of respect for any classic car that is in the road driving. I've sold more than one project car for 1/3 of what i had in it after I got in over my head. Since doing that, I find I criticize way less and appreciate other people's stuff a lot more.

My Beetle has a 20 foot paint job done by a prior owner. It has some major orange peal, and a few spots that it is bubbling. I don't want to strip the car to fix it. I want to drive the car and have fun. If it gets worse, I might go the path you went just to attack some rust blustering and seal it well for protection.
Zuesticle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bro, I like it and I like how you stand by it. You want it to fade and rust some more, come park it next to mine out here in Okinawa. Welcome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alabe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: My 66 ... Reply with quote

I like your car, have your energy and personality.
Everyone is free to do his own will.
Good work. Surprised
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderator note:
I did some cleanup.

People are welcome to their opinions but we don't allow name-calling, especially the terms that were used.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2BUCK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Moderator note:
I did some cleanup.

People are welcome to their opinions but we don't allow name-calling, especially the terms that were used.
thank you Everett, & my apologies for my words. I'm just a bit grumpy.
2BUCK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did some more work on the 66 over the week. pulled the motor, freshened up with new gaskets, cleaned & coated the firewall, tins & everything else. also got done with the aussie styled trim i made..
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

[/img]
TheDon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2BUCK wrote:
rack game is strong....

I can dig the racks and it's your car. If you want fake patina, have at it.

I like the Aussie trim or whatever it is. I might steal that idea
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: