Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

new exhaust
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cormac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: new exhaust Reply with quote

Lads I just fitted a vintage speed S/S exhaust onto a mates bug, I took off a turbo muffler it's a 1915cc motor and was running perfectly, now it won't pull in 4th it bogs down do ye reckon it needs 're jetting for the new exhaust?
Chochobeef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might want to post this in the performance section. Might have better luck since you specifically stated a type of exhaust and engine size that is custom. Best of luck and hope you find an answer.
73Miles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion the Vintage speed exhaust is a nice looking piece, but depending on what one you put on is not a performance exhaust. I put one on my 73 Ghia with a 1915 engine and I could notice a power loss immediately. I also could not get it to seal around all the flanges. The result was backfiring on deceleration. I replaced gaskets twice with no improvement. I put my Bugpak header system back on and the car runs much better. Just my two cents worth.
DeathTrap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: new exhaust Reply with quote

cormac wrote:
Lads I just fitted a vintage speed S/S exhaust onto a mates bug, I took off a turbo muffler it's a 1915cc motor and was running perfectly, now it won't pull in 4th it bogs down do ye reckon it needs 're jetting for the new exhaust?

no
cormac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: exhaust Reply with quote

Is it causing to much back pressure
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: