Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Eurovan Forum
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: New Eurovan Forum Reply with quote

It's up!

The moderators for Eurovan are the same as Vanagon:
djkeev and kamzcab86

The moderators and I will be searching out threads in Vanagon and moving them here but:
To all users, we need help moving things over here from Vanagon!

For any thread in Vanagon that needs to be moved to Eurovan, please hit
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
in the upper-right of the first post in the thread and report it with a little comment "Move to Eurovan" or "Move" and I will get an notification and move it.

If you do not see a
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
on the thread, that means someone has already reported it and it will be moved soon.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide in moving things.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by EverettB on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcowan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Everett!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peet1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so very much! I'll do my best to help find some eurovan threads. I really think this will be incredibly helpful for the Eurovan community.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As people probably noticed, kamzcab86 and I moved 1200 threads here in the first couple days.

Hopefully this is 99% of what was in Vanagon but if anyone knows of more because they have them bookmarked in their Control Panel or they kept links to certain Eurovan threads, feel free to hit report on them or post links here or contact me directly.

One member reported a few threads over the weekend.
I moved those over - thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another person (Ron) reported a few more threads and I moved them over.

Thank you.
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Eurovan classifieds Reply with quote

Would it be possible to split out the classifieds too? It seems many parts aren't labeled yet are vanagon specific.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan classifieds Reply with quote

markcm2 wrote:
Would it be possible to split out the classifieds too? It seems many parts aren't labeled yet are vanagon specific.

I could do a new section but for parts, how would I know what to move to Eurovan?

Right now there are 128 parts ads with Eurovan in the title our of a total of 3782 but I'm guessing the real count might be far more than that.
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan classifieds Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
markcm2 wrote:

I could do a new section but for parts, how would I know what to move to Eurovan?

Right now there are 128 parts ads with Eurovan in the title our of a total of 3782 but I'm guessing the real count might be far more than that.

That would be a good start, I know as a EV owner, its difficult to sort through all the vanagon parts looking for the few EV parts.

I'd be willing to look through a portion of the newer ad's to try to identify ones that are identified as EV. If the ad doesnt' declare what the part is for or from, then it can just stay?
Summers420us
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: New Eurovan Forum Reply with quote

WOW! KUDOS! After my Vanagon burned up over a year ago, I made a quick swap to a Eurovan to ensure that an upcoming trip was not canceled.

I was VERY sad that I would no longer have a place on TheSamba as I knew that Eurovans were mixed in with the Vanagon portion of the site, and basically lost in all the great mass of information and contribution for Vanagon owners.

Now, I popped back in today and see that in fact a Eurovan section has been created! Woot Woot! Thank you!
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan classifieds Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
markcm2 wrote:

Any chance this is still a consideration? As a eurovan owner, I find it nearly impossible to identify EV parts in the dominantly Vanagon classifieds thread. Any concern of EV ads being left over in the original thread seems moot point as they are so hard to find as it is.

Thanks.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan classifieds Reply with quote

markcm2 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
markcm2 wrote:

Any chance this is still a consideration? As a eurovan owner, I find it nearly impossible to identify EV parts in the dominantly Vanagon classifieds thread. Any concern of EV ads being left over in the original thread seems moot point as they are so hard to find as it is.

Thanks.

Arggg, forgot about that request.

Vehicles too?
On Vehicles: Just so I am 100% sure of where to split things and move ads over, 1993 is the first Eurovan, correct?
So 1993 and later would be moved.

There are a couple Buses marked as Eurovans that are pre-1993 right now
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1931159
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1891753
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1854983

Mistakes by sellers?
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan classifieds Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
markcm2 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
markcm2 wrote:

Thanks.

Arggg, forgot about that request.

Vehicles too?
On Vehicles: Just so I am 100% sure of where to split things and move ads over, 1993 is the first Eurovan, correct?
So 1993 and later would be moved.

There are a couple Buses marked as Eurovans that are pre-1993 right now
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1931159
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1891753
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1854983

Mistakes by sellers?

Revised reply....

From what I see, production started in 1992 but importing in USA was official in 1993. With that said, I've seen enough listed for sale as 1992 to potentially warrant a 1992 classification. I don't know if this is due to people reading the production date as the model year, or maybe imports?

GoWesty has a write up on it here http://www.gowesty.com/tech-article-details.php?id=1

Borrowed from GoWesty:

Quote:
Volkswagen EUROVAN CAMPERS
1993-2003 VW vans are called Eurovans. This was a complete departure from previous models, most notably in that the engine was moved to the FRONT. Eurovan production started in 1992 in Europe. The vehicle was introduced in the USA as a 1993 year-model passenger van (with all forward-facing seats) and the MultiVan (MV) model (with two rear-facing seats behind the front seats and a flip-up table). In the Kelly Blue Book, the vehicles listed as having the "Weekender package" are the ones with the Westfalia-installed pop-top. The full camper version of the Eurovan was introduced in the USA in 1995. All Eurovan full campers sold in the USA are Winnebago conversions, not Westfalia.

1993-1994: The only VW pop-top models offered in the USA in 1993 and 1994 was the Westfalia Weekender Multi-Van (MV). These vehicles were the same as the regular hard-top passenger vans, except they had an interior and pop-top installed by Westfalia. However, these were weekenders, without sink, fridge, or stove. They had two rear-facing seats, one fixed seat behind the driver with a slide-out electric cooler under it (pop-top versions only), and the other behind the passenger seat that is quick-release (both that way on the non-pop-top version of the MV). The venerable VW/Audi in-line 5-cylinder, 2.5 liter, 130 hp engine powered all the 1993-1996 models. This is the same engine that was used in the Audi 5000 since about 1977. They were available in either 5-speed manual or 4 speed electronically controlled automatic. This MV Eurovan was discontinued in 1995 and re-introduced in 1999 with a VR6 and stayed basically unchanged through end of production in 2003. If a Eurovan weekender model is what you want; the 2001-2003 model is by far the better choice, all things considered.

1995-1996: The first full-campers were available in the USA starting in 1995, and were Winnebago camper conversions, converted in Indiana by the Winnebago company. They are not Westy's. The Eurovan Winnebago full camper is based on an extended delivery-van version that is 15-1/2 inches longer than the regular Eurovan. They were delivered to Winnebago basically bare inside, but fully loaded with all creature comfort options (AC, cruise, power everything) pre-installed by VW. Winnebago then cut the hole in the top, added the pop-top, and added the sink, stove, fridge, cabinets, furnace, and side windows. All Eurovan Winnebago campers have gray interiors. These early 95-96 Winnie campers had the same power plant as the 93/94 regular Eurovan models, 5-cylinder in-line engine with 5-speed or AT. Although not as underpowered as a Vanagon, they were certainly no rocket ships. If a Eurovan Winnebago full camper is what you want; the later 97-03 models are by far the better choice, all things considered.

1997-2000: In 1997 VW switched to the “VR6”, which is a 2.8 liter, 15 degree V6. It is called a "VR" instead of just "V" because, unlike regular V6 engines that have two cylinder heads, the VR6 has only one. The 5-speed manual transaxle option was dropped, all VR6 Eurovans are fitted with 4-speed electronically controlled automatic transaxles. This new engine was just as if not more reliable as the 5-cylinder it replaced, but WAY smoother, more powerful, and more efficient. The interior color was still gray, but the fabric used on the seats changed from a thin-stripped design to little triangles. In 2000 it changed again from the little triangles to a circular pattern. Some other minor interior refinements were made, like better interior lighting for example. One significant addition starting in 1997was the introduction of dual air bags as standard equipment. With them came a more ergonomic steering wheel/driver orientation. However, the glove box disappeared.

2001-2003: In 2001 the VR6 jumped in HP to 204 and is even more reliable as the one it replaced. It should be noted that the engine SIZE did not change; it remained a 2.8 liter engine. The cylinder head was re-designed to include 24 valves instead of only 12, and the camshaft timing became variable and computer controlled. The engine management system was also improved, and switched to a true "drive by wire" system (no actual physical connection between your right foot and the engine), and multiple coil ignition. But even though the HP jumped 64HP (46%), the torque went up only 8 ft-lbs to 188 ft-lbs (4%). The bottom line is that all VR6 powered Eurovans have plenty of oomph. Other changes in 2001: The 15-inch road wheel was replaced with a 16-inch wheel, a rear sway bar was added, the rear suspension was raised about 1inch, and the brakes were improved. Other than that, it didn’t change noticeably. The interior was identical to the 2000 model.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: New Eurovan Forum Reply with quote

Thanks, I will work on this soon.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: New Eurovan Forum Reply with quote

Done, please see
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=656185
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New Eurovan Forum Reply with quote

Thanks Everett!

Love being able to just look at Eurovan ads. And I'm sure the Vanagon folks appreciate their pages being "pure" haha.

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New Eurovan Forum Reply with quote

Yes, thank you for separating these!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: