Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche 914 Drivers side Headlight not retracting
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhoule1951
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Porsche 914 Drivers side Headlight not retracting Reply with quote

Hi there. I have a '75 Porsche 914 2 Litre, and the driver's side headlamp lifts but does not retract. I tried switching the relays, to see if the issue moved to the passenger side, but the malfunction stays on the driver's side. Any suggestions?
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 914 Drivers side Headlight not retracting Reply with quote

mhoule1951 wrote:
Hi there. I have a '75 Porsche 914 2 Litre, and the driver's side headlamp lifts but does not retract. I tried switching the relays, to see if the issue moved to the passenger side, but the malfunction stays on the driver's side. Any suggestions?

Ok tried the relay swap no good. then confirm you have power to that relay with a meter or jumper wire in the relay socket jumper pin 30 to 86 in the socket. pin numbers should be stamped on relay.

also confirm that motor limit switches are working, you can turn the motor emergency open knob to see if the motor will kick in. that knob is on the end of the motor shaft inside the trunk. should be a black plastic cone shaped knob. Of course it could be missing leaving you with just a threaded shaft end, which you could put a screw in and turn via the screw.

the motors use one fuse for both sides, so if the other side works, the fuse is good.

good luck

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: