Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ampco Oiler instructions
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ojai63dbl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Ampco Oiler instructions Reply with quote

Anybody able to scan the instructions for me - I cant find mine.

After way too much flow rate (1 full turn) I realize -- I have no idea how to set the flow on the Ampco

I assume all way in is no flow (rt turn). I can see it flows but cant see how to tell drip rate or flow rate.

Advice on setting flow and how to tell for running the Judson would be appreciated
Ojai63dbl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found them

http://www.ampcolubes.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Original_Install_Instr.187110113.pdf

no wonder I am fouling plugs - should be 1/4 turn.

But for those who see the message - still wondering how I know it is set correctly
thomas.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Judson oiler there is an arrow cut into the brass top and a mark to line that up to get started. Maybe there is a mark on the Ampco. Without checking I think the proper number of drops is 8 per minute.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ojai63dbl wrote:
Found them

http://www.ampcolubes.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Original_Install_Instr.187110113.pdf

no wonder I am fouling plugs - should be 1/4 turn.

But for those who see the message - still wondering how I know it is set correctly

This is what George Folchi says about setting the Ampco Oiler...

Quote:
"The Ampco initial setting is 1/2 turn open, but you may find that it is too much. You must now judge oil consumption verses mileage. One quart should last about 500-600 miles of driving. Make adjustments in very small increments. Be sure not to go too lean - a little too much oil cannot harm anything, but too little can! "

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: