Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Laser 917 Porsche Replica
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
The13bats
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Laser 917 Porsche Replica Reply with quote

Greetings,
I have always been into the VW kit cars I have owned several including Avengers, Valkyrie, Sterling GT and now I am into the Laser 917

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I love to post on theSamba to learn about VW's and
I am always posting over on the Laser 917 forum to learn and help with the Laser,
I simply love to share in the camaraderie of the hobby

http://www.laser917.net

I get several emails or calls each week with questions about the Laser 917 and 1/2 the people didn't know there was a Laser forum and Email group so if you have a Laser or interest in them please pop by,

Cheers,
P.
[email protected]
Towel Rail
Horizontally Opposed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks suspiciously like Cokato, MN. Been a couple of years since I was last there.

049 > 070 > 053 > 009
The13bats
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's where the car came from,
Those pics are a few years old, the car sat in a warehouse then I had it shipped here where it's been in my carport getting all the little tweaks done to it,
It still looks just as you see it there,
Last time I posted it, a fellow knew what car show that was and sent me pictures of my own car years before I bought it,
Basically the reason I posted this was so people would find the Laser 917 site I was tired of some of the less than honest sellers on Ebay so I wanted to help people find the facts,
Cheers,
P.
kitcarguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice 917.

Its on my top 5 of VW kit cars I will own.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MadLee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Laser 917 Reply with quote

Hello there, I have some questions about the laser 917, not sure if anyone will be able to answer but I'll give it a shot. I was thinking of putting the body on a non vw chassis does anyone know of any other makes it would fit on or could make it fit on? I know there's the porsche 914 but those are a little difficult to come by and 40 years later I was thinking there may have been other cars made that could work. I would like to put the body on my jeep grand cherokee lol but don't think that will happen,
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the 914 had a separate chassis. As with almost all modern cars, the body shell was the chassis. I think probably the only things now that have a chassis are small trucks. There were several kit cars for the S-10 chassis.

You might get more ideas over on the fiberglass kit car forum
Az vW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking at buying a Lazer that popped up locally..but cant find really a whole lot of info about them to be honest. Lots of pages, but Im trying to see what their values
are these days, I dont want to overspend on this thing and if I end up
flipping it, I dont want to lose my ass either.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: