Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hello. New to Water-cooled.
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ernieballbass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Hello. New to Water-cooled. Reply with quote

hey guys,

i just wanted to introduce myself. my name is chris and i live in Orlando. i've been a long-time member of thesamba, but this is my first time to this particular forum.

i have always had aircooled volkswagens. i had a couple of bugs, a baywindow bus, ghia and still have a VW Thing. all of these have shared daily driver duty until recently. yesterday, i picked up a 1988 vw fox. it is a substantial upgrade from my daily driver 1971 super....i missed having AC and a radio lol.

everything works on this car! i'm going to wash/wax/shampoo everything this weekend. here's a picture.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

i absolutely love this car Smile so many possibilities.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice score, while the Fox is not on too many "I want" lists, that year is probably one of the best combinations of that chassis design & a much better daily driver than most ACVW. Don't get me wrong, I love my air cooleds, but to have a car that can cruise at 70-80 all day long & not have to constantly adjust & tinker with, is a real treat. The only downside to the fox is almost no aftermarket support of all the little plastic crap that's going to break on you, mechanically, it's a solid little beast.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
RDIRTY2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam thats clean welcome to the wetside lol....
Old n' slow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat little car . Too bad they never offered a Diesel version .

1964(sunroof)1967 & (2)1968 Beetles , 1968 Squareback , 1963 (23 window )Deluxe Sunroof Bus , 1969 Westphalia camper, 1974 Dasher , 1985 Vanagon , (2) 1981 Rabbit Diesels & a 1991 Jetta Diesel .
RDIRTY2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old n' slow wrote:
they actually did,just not in the usa Sad never figured out why myself, my cousin in south america has one
Old n' slow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDIRTY2 wrote:
Old n' slow wrote:
they actually did,just not in the usa Sad never figured out why myself, my cousin in south america has one

Yes. I know, just not here. The rest of the World has a lot more freedom in choosing vehicles..... There seems to be a Diesel version of just about every car made...... Only the USA can't have them : (

Either too dirty( but getting way better fuel mileage) or too unsafe ( for us in the Land of the Free & Home of the Brave )

1964(sunroof)1967 & (2)1968 Beetles , 1968 Squareback , 1963 (23 window )Deluxe Sunroof Bus , 1969 Westphalia camper, 1974 Dasher , 1985 Vanagon , (2) 1981 Rabbit Diesels & a 1991 Jetta Diesel .
RDIRTY2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old n' slow wrote:
RDIRTY2 wrote:
Old n' slow wrote:

Yes. I know, just not here. The rest of the World has a lot more freedom in choosing vehicles..... There seems to be a Diesel version of just about every car made...... Only the USA can't have them : (

Either too dirty( but getting way better fuel mileage) or too unsafe ( for us in the Land of the Free & Home of the Brave )

agreed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: